Season 353 of the ukulele: Strummer in the City

There are many great songs about my city, Portland, Oregon. Here's one from not-as-well-known-as-he-deserves-to-be folk songwriter, Michael Hurley.

Up to date with 75 songs on the playlist, I better add a song myself.

Here is an old danish movie tune for you, written by Bent Fabric who has written the scores for a lot of scandinavian movies.
Its in danish, so if you can't hear what I am singing, thats probably why...

Ahoy and I hope that I am not too late - I have had quite a busy week.
I recorded 'Grace Kelly Blues' by the band Eels which is a song about wandering through the streets of Paris (though the name of the city is only mentioned once, Mr.E (the artist) has said that he wrote this song while wandering through the streets of Paris while wondering what lay behind the smiles of the people he passed by.
Anywho - here it is

I believe that this Season has ended now!
I will add the two last songs after work and make a wrap-up later.

Greetings,

I know it was a great week but sorry to say I missed most (ok all) of the vids. Family stuff and Thanksgiving and all. Thanks for hosting!

Ciao

Wrap up

Sorry for the late wrap up. Busy week.

So, 78 songs! All winners, but no prizes :-/
Here is not going to be a video, just a map and a list.

I tried to map the cities:

Seasons of Towns.jpg

The map is rather small, so the marks sometimes cover more than one town. In the UK most marks cover even more than two towns.

I listed the towns below. I tried to sort them by continent, but lost all the work to the browser reloading. Here they go:

Sydney
Decatur
London x 9
Leith
New York x 2
Nashwille
Salford
Durham
St. Louis
Memphis x 3
Abilene
Lousiana
Istanbul
Copenhagen x 2
Brixton
Hong Kong
Boston
Kansas City x 2
Bakersfield
Cleveland
Chino California
Mobile
Harlesden
Chicago
Glasgow
Cincinnati
Pemulwuy x 2
Hobart
Moscow
Tupelo
Barcelona
Liverpool
Phoenix
Stockdale
Lahaina
Lodi
Roanoke
Risdon (Hobart)
Capellades
Atlantis
Amsterdam
Paris x 2
Petaluma
Broughton
Harrow
Dallas x 2
Galveston
Milwaukee
Atlantic city
Tijuana
Scarborough
Babylon
Las Vegas x 2
Whitby
San Francisco
Dundee
Levelland
Wichita
Mendocino
Seattle
Portland
Birmingham

Thanks for a great week, Mikel - pleasantly surprised to see London’s margin of victory so overwhelming - especially when you consider that Brixton, Harlesden and Harrow are all technically parts of London too! :)

Greetings,

Thanks again for the week. I wanted to do more (an Italian one) but school and job hunting is cutting into my uke time. Bummer! Thanks for the traveling fun.

Ciao

Thanks for a great week, Mikel - pleasantly surprised to see London’s margin of victory so overwhelming - especially when you consider that Brixton, Harlesden and Harrow are all technically parts of London too! :)
YorkSteve asked me why there were so few songs about UK cities. "Outside of London" said I. London Boys, London Girls, London Pride, London Calling, London Is The Place For Me, A Foggy Day in London Town, Werewolves of London, London City Lights (a smash hit for the pUKEs, whaddya mean 'never heard of it??), Streets of London, London By Night, London Bridge, Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner, Last Train To London, London Nights, London Town, Tower of London, London's Brilliant Parade...

YorkSteve asked me why there were so few songs about UK cities. "Outside of London" said I. London Boys, London Girls, London Pride, London Calling, London Is The Place For Me, A Foggy Day in London Town, Werewolves of London, London City Lights (a smash hit for the pUKEs, whaddya mean 'never heard of it??), Streets of London, London By Night, London Bridge, Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner, Last Train To London, London Nights, London Town, Tower of London, London's Brilliant Parade...

London Ladies :)

Top Bottom