Season 353 of the ukulele: Strummer in the City

So it is monday night i Denmark, and I believe the playlist is up-to date.

(Except for wee_ginga_yin's last song, which I will add tuesday)

If I forgot to add anyone else to the list, let me know.

Keep strumming! So many wonderfull songs this far!

Greetings,

Well I squeaked on out on my phone with no tricks and a bit of a cold. So no fancy stuff and no apologies. But I wanted to put this one up before the week got nuts.

thank you for hosting this week, brother.
guess folks from Chino, California are very resilient,
either that or they're OK with demonic possession. :p

o_O having some problems posting................... so please excuse the blurb (should i be able to post it!) being seperate from from my vid.............. harlesden is the part of london where i live, and that vid is a homemade song, some typically lame rhymes, and very rattly slide playing...

2 and 7 is nine... 9 and 9 is eighteen... seasonistas play uke like you've never seen!

Here's a Dwight Yoakam song from the 80's that I loved back then, and hearing it again now for the first time in decades, I still love it. Tried it here on ukulele and dulcimer.

Well it has just become Tuesday in Hawaii so here is my second song.
paoriginal
Pemulwuy is a Sydney suburb and one of the recently added fleet of new Sydney ferries also bears the native resistance fighter's name. Ironic in that he fought against the invasion and the dispossession of his people's land. His head is still somewhere in GB.

an original song for the season.
about the ties that have bound me to the town I was born in,
and from which I have spent most of my adult life trying to be released.
it's a town called Hobart, on a small island south of the mainland Australian continent.

SECRET (GENESIS 12:8)

Packed up my bags
Flicked the latch on the door
Leave the keys behind
I don't need them anymore

In the shadow of the mountain
Dark clouds over the bay
The same history that brought me here
Is the same one I'm leaving today

Hobart hold me, but let me go
There's too many secrets I've hidden here
I'd rather you didn't know

Pitch my tent with Ai on my right
Bethel to my left
How far south is too far south
Is anyone's guess

Seems everyone's heading north these days
Looking for a friendlier face
Aint nobody ever seemed to work it out;
It's all the same s** in a different place

Sit on a bank by the Derwent River
Shimmering silver and blue
Take a match to that tired old bridge
Try to forget about you

Here is one I also recorded on Sunday, but as we only where allowed a second song on Tuesday, here it is, Englishman in New York by Sting.

Hello!!

From Barcelona, one song about my city. This is a little "Rumba" (A kind of rithm, borned in Barcelona)
In the description of the song, in YouTube is the translation in english. Thanks for hosting!

Be happy

A hug from Barcelona!

Sara

Traditional song. Very popular back in the 60s but played less now. Good song, though.
No pictures of the Mersey, so you'll have to make do with the Tyne and Tees instead. :eek:ld:

When I was about 20 I was given a Jazz cd by danish singer Cæcilie Nordby. On the cd was a version of 'By the Time I Get to Phoenix'. It was the first time I heard the song and I must have played the cd a thousand times. I only discovered the more famous versions later and like both Glen Campbell's versions (my ending is inspired by one of his riffs), Dean Martin's and Isaac Hayes' crazy long 18 minute version. My version is also a bit jazzy. Hope you like it.

This is about the town where I grew up, and which I still live only about a 20-minute drive away from. It takes a dark turn at the end. I just thought I should warn everyone, so you're prepared, or you can skip it if you don't want to be depressed.

Top Bottom