Kala Concert Waterman tuners - has anyone replaced them?

AnnArborUkeIt

Reaction score
I recently got a Concert Waterman. I was expecting the tuners wouldn't be very good but they are worse than I expected.

Has anyone switched out their Waterman tuners?

I'm not very experienced working on ukes but probably it doesn't make too much sense to take this somewhere -- it would cost more than the uke to get the service done...

I have a KA-SE Soprano and the tuners work quite well. The screws in both are in similar places. I've attached a photo so you can see them side-by-side (the photo is not to scale - I'm not an expert photographer). I was wondering if I could get some of these KA-SE tuners from KALA and put them on my Waterman...

Thanks.

KASE_vs_Waterman.jpg

Too bad, it doesn't look like Grover 9Ns will drop right in. If they are as bad as you say why not send it back for an exchange?

You may very well be able to do the switch-out that you are contemplating, AnnArbor, but something to keep in mind is that, sometimes, even though the screw holes are a match made in heaven, the actual posts of the "replacement" tuners turn out to be just a little bit "thicker" than the originals, so you have to widen the holes in the headstock in order to allow the posts of the replacement tuners to fit through comfortably-- which also means that if each headstock hole has one of those chrome bushings, the bushings may no longer fit well. Sorry to be a downer. Are we having fun yet? :p

Top Bottom