Killing Me Softly....Ukulele Solo

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

An arrangement of this great song I heard Roberta Flack sing in the 70s. Hope you enjoy the music!
Mike

Beautiful!

Bit of trivia - I heard that Roberta Flack wrote that song with Don MacLean in mind.

Beautiful!

Bit of trivia - I heard that Roberta Flack wrote that song with Don MacLean in mind.

In 1973 Roberta Flack made her own arrangement of the song that had already been recorded in 1971 by Lori Lieberman. The degree of writer credit was subsequently disputed between Lieberman on one side and Norman Gimbel / Charles Fox on the other. It seems that the concept and 'soul' of the song were Lieberman's poetic jottings, written after having seen Don McLean in concert. She communicated this concept to Gimbel. The finished lyrics and music were written by Gimbel / Fox.

Roberta Flack has never made any claim to have written the song.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killi...g#Lori_Lieberman_version_and_disputed_origins

Last edited:

An arrangement of this great song I heard Roberta Flack sing in the 70s. Hope you enjoy the music!
Mike

Wow, I find that you are so talented in playing ukulele with fingerstlye. It is really very enjoyable to watch you play ukulele ! Look forward to more of your ukulele videos with the fantastic fingerstyle ! You are so brilliant ! :agree::cool:

good_uke_boy;2111803]Wow - wonderful. Love the runs and the Latin (?) vibe.
Thank you good_uke_boy!

Lapyang;2111816]Mike, you had me at the intro.
Thank you Joseph!

Wingnutz;2111841]Wow! With you, I take superb playing as a given but that arrangement seemed to seamlessly fuse so many genres I hardly know where to begin! Brilliant.
Laurence I am truly flattered. There is nothing like getting praise and respect from your peers!!

Camsuke;2111858]+1 Bravo Mike, I'm with Laurence :
Thank you Campbell and ditto as above!

keonepax;2111862]Wonderful playing, Mike! Far from being "killed," your rendition is full of life! :
Thank you John......I have been known to murder very good songs! You may have noticed I don't sing!

WS64;2111867]Great version.
Thank you WS64

TobyDog;2111877]Beautiful!

Bit of trivia - I heard that Roberta Flack wrote that song with Don MacLean in mind.[/QUOTE]
Thank you Toby Dog......I did not know that. Totally understand the thought regarding Don Maclean!

plunker;2111896]First rate
Thank you Plunker

Steve Uke;2111968]Wow, I find that you are so talented in playing ukulele with fingerstlye. It is really very enjoyable to watch you play ukulele ! Look forward to more of your ukulele videos with the fantastic fingerstyle ! You are so brilliant ! :agree::cool:
Thank you Steve Uke

Ukeless_;2111953]In 1973 Roberta Flack made her own arrangement of the song that had already been recorded in 1971 by Lori Lieberman. The degree of writer credit was subsequently disputed between Lieberman on one side and Norman Gimbel / Charles Fox on the other. It seems that the concept and 'soul' of the song were Lieberman's poetic jottings, written after having seen Don McLean in concert. She communicated this concept to Gimbel. The finished lyrics and music were written by Gimbel / Fox.

Roberta Flack has never made any claim to have written the song.

I have a friend who is a manager in the music business and he always used to say " where there is hit........there is a writ!

SoloRule;2111917]Very lovely 'brother Mike'.
I hear some jazz and some latin in the mix.
Feel like I am sitting in a Jazz lounge. Where is the tip jar?:cheers:
Thank you Sister Brenda"!

Top Bottom