FS: Custom Loprinzi concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafterGirl

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that I list this ukulele for sale. I ordered this custom ukulele from Donna Loprinzi last fall and received it right before Christmas 2017. It's the ukulele that I have played every Sunday in my church band. It's a luthier built ukulele, made in Clearwater Florida. Loprinzi ukuleles have a great reputation, and I have not been disappointed with the quality of this ukulele at all. I'm selling it because I'm just not comfortable with the thin neck. I recently acquired a new uke that fits my hand better, so this one (sadly) needs a new home. This would be a great uke for someone who prefers a thinner neck on their ukulele.

Concert scale. Solid cedar top. Solid Rosewood back and sides. Maple binding. The Loprinzi walnut and maple stripe on the neck and head stock. Satin finish. Compared to my KoAloha concert, the Loprinzi is a more petite concert ukulele (see pictures).

The things I upgraded or customized ......1 7/16 inch / 36mm nut size. Ebony fretboard and bridge. Extra fret marker on third fret. Gotoh UPT tuners, maple binding, and MiSi pick-up.

The Ukulele is in very good condition with two exceptions. It's getting a little shine to the finish where my arm and hand have rested. It's not glaring, but I can tell it's there. It also has a tiny ding in the finish on the lower bout, near the edge. I don't know when, or how this happened. Perhaps it was something in the pocket of my gig bag???? It's a cedar top and satin finish, so I guess it's a softer wood and more susceptible to a ding? I have close-up pics of the ding. It's a surface dent that's hard to see straight on. I have lots of pictures, but no sound sample. The MiSi pick-up works flawlessly and the charger will accompany the ukulele. It charges in 1 minute, and holds a charge for 12-16 hours as far as I have been able to tell.

I paid $920 for this ukulele. Price drop to $550 for it. The price includes the custom hard shell case that Loprinzi sent the ukulele to me in (very nice case that fits the ukulele perfectly). The price also includes shipping in the continental US with tracking, insured, and well packed. I have sold two ukuleles on UU and had no complaints from the buyers. Paypal payment, CONUS only.

PM me with interest or questions.

Attachments

• DSCF1554.jpg
    DSCF1554.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF1680.jpg
    DSCF1680.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF1669.jpg
    DSCF1669.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF1678.jpg
    DSCF1678.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF1672.jpg
    DSCF1672.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
More pictures

Here are a few more pictures. It is currently set up reentrant / high G. Living Waters strings.

Attachments

• DSCF1671.jpg
    DSCF1671.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF1683.jpg
    DSCF1683.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF1682.jpg
    DSCF1682.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hey, Looks beautiful. Good luck with the sale.

My custom Loprinzi concert will be finished in a few weeks.
I choose to have the neck thickness widened.
I've been wondering what the included hard case looks/fits like.
Do you happen to have any pictures of it with or without the uke in it?

Here are two pictures of the Loprinzi with the case that I took when I got it. The case is very nice and fits the ukulele perfectly.

Attachments

• DSCF1548.jpg
    DSCF1548.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF1549.jpg
    DSCF1549.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 81
Lovely concert uke. I'd be tempted if I played concert scale. Best of luck with the sale.

May I ask what strap connector you are using on the pickup jack? With & without the leather loop. It looks very nice and functional.

Lovely concert uke. I'd be tempted if I played concert scale. Best of luck with the sale.

May I ask what strap connector you are using on the pickup jack? With & without the leather loop. It looks very nice and functional.
It's a Strap Keeper by Tapastring. It works great. The strap is secure on the pick-up, but can easily be removed.
http://www.tapastring.com/strapkeeper0605.htm

Price drop to $550. The price includes shipping & hard case. Let Santa put this sweet ukulele under your tree!

Interested...
I'm surprised this is smaller than a Koaloha concert, which in my experience is smaller than other concerts.
Are all LoPrinzi concerts this small?
And is the sound more like a long neck sop rather than a concert, or...?

Tracie, I have a mahogany Loprinzi and it is definitely smaller than my Koaloha concert. It is actually closer in size to the long neck soprano Koaloha.

9D978F6C-80B4-40AF-B398-4B9065C20742.jpg

Emily

Interested...
I'm surprised this is smaller than a Koaloha concert, which in my experience is smaller than other concerts.
The sound is concert, as opposed to soprano. Being cedar & rosewood, it's not as bright & in your face as my KoAloha. More mellow. I posted a sound sample in an earlier post. The sound sample video was filmed in a hurry on my cell phone, so it's not the greatest, but you'll get an idea. I didn't request any change in the body, so I'm assuming all Loprinzi concerts are more petite. I'm posting a picture of all my ukes lined up next to each other. The far left is an Islander soprano that is 14 frets to the body. Next to it is the Loprinzi, so you can see the size difference. In the center of the picture are the KoAloha concert and my new Moon Bird concert. A lot of body size and shape difference in all three. The Loprinzi and the Moon Bird are closer in body length I think, but the Loprinzi is a more traditional double bout shape, where the Moon Bird has a much bigger lower bout. The uke on the far right is a concert scale tenor.

The Loprinzi has been my weekly player in my church band, playing along side an electric guitar, an acoustic guitar, and a piano. It sounds super through the sound system, and the MiSi pick-up works great.

Attachments

• DSCF1689 (1).jpg
    DSCF1689 (1).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Interested...
I have a spruce top maple Loprinzi concert that I purchase directly from Donna. She said this body shape gives the best sound. It's definitely a concert, but a smaller body. Loprinzi ukes are built like jewrl boxes. She learned the craft from her father who was a master guitar builder. Go to the website to read the story. She uses the same pattern handed down from her father, who is still nearby.

This is a steal with all the upgrades and a pick up. A handcrafted instrument with beautiful wood combination. If you want to upgrade, skip the factory production made in Asia. There is no comparison. Rafter girl has impeccable taste. I follow her uke acquisitions with awe. I want all of her ukes!

Quote ukeinfused: "Interested...
And is the sound more like a long neck sop rather than a concert, or...?"

Sorry, I don't know what happened when I tried to quote?
That is their default concert size. From what I've read they used to make the body lager.
When I asked about the older size. Donna said you can still request it (I think it's an xtra $25).
Here is a picture of both sizes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom