Kanilea-Islander 6 String, Guilele/Guitalele/Guitarlele $140

Status
Not open for further replies.

strat4me

Reaction score
Need to sell some things. I actually like this. Good action. Better than expected tone. Super light, small and easy to play when a guitar is too large and a uke isn't around.

It is often played in alternate tunings but I can practice guitar or just play the first 4 strings and play straight baritone uke or GCEA songs - just play the same exact hand formations but tone is in a different key for guitar or uke. Actually a pretty cool instrument. Very light and in great shape. I play it at my bedside practicing any song I'm learning either on guitar or uke. Very handy.

New at HMS: $238 (buy here $100 off). Strap, Uke Crazy case and extra Guitalele strings included.

I need the money or I would keep it. You can tell picking it up that Kanilea was behind its design. $140 plus shipping. PayPal protected.

Hear Corey play one here:
https://www.theukulelesite.com/islander-gl6-guilele-w-uke-crazy-gig-bag.html

More info:

Wonderful mid priced Guitalele from the Kanile'a Islander range. Made of all laminate acacia wood, this instrument offers a very affordable way into Kanile'a build quality and know how - features like a pinned bridge and the touch and release bracing pattern all make this instrument sound way above its price point. Very minimal in appearance, with a satin finish, no binding or bling at all, the focus is really on fundamentally quality build which leads to a very good sound, much better than any other Guitalele short of the big daddy Kanile'a!

Spec:
All laminate asian acacia wood
Super Tenor body, Baritone scale length
Rosewood fretboard
Rosewood bridge
Quality open back machine heads
Plastic nut and bridge
Mahogany neck
22 frets, 16th fret joined to body
GHS strings

This is from the Kanile'a website:

"Our GL6 is a hybrid instrument that Joe developed to bring the convenience of the ‘ukuleles’ size with the chord playability that guitar players love. This instrument has our unique Super Tenor body in combination with our 20 inch Baritone scale joined at the body on the 16th fret with 22 frets total. The tuning of this wonderful instrument is “A D G C E A” or the same tuning as a guitar with a capo at the fifth fret. The volume and resonance that projects from this instrument is phenomenal. Hear for yourself a new voice that is appealing to both the ‘ukulele and guitar aficionado."

IMG_20181119_172049.jpg

IMG_20181119_172220.jpg

Islander 1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom