Black Friday Sales?

HMS is having a sale. The email isn't displaying correctly for me, (my old technology has problems with lots of things), but maybe someone can be more specific. 3 day sale, though.

Last edited:
HMS - $100 off on certain ukuleles.

No black Friday, or cyber Monday sales on anything I was looking at. I narrowed my search down to three ukuleles and ended up pulling the trigger on the most expensive. If I compromise I'll be wondering in a month why I didn't just spend the money instead of saving fifty dollars by buying something that I thought would work just as well, but isn't exactly what I wanted. Buyer's remorse is how UAS gets started.

No black Friday, or cyber Monday sales on anything I was looking at. I narrowed my search down to three ukuleles and ended up pulling the trigger on the most expensive. If I compromise I'll be wondering in a month why I didn't just spend the money instead of saving fifty dollars by buying something that I thought would work just as well, but isn't exactly what I wanted. Buyer's remorse is how UAS gets started.

Which did you get?

Which did you get?
Ohana Spruce top concert with eucalyptus sides and back. I'll attach a picture of the actual ukulele when I get it. The ones I passed on were a Kala spruce top with mahogany sides and an Ohana just like the one I bought, except it had willow sides and back.

ohana.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah! I like that one, and Ohanas seem to have a good name. It looks similar to my Kala Baritone, which I like a lot. I also like concert ukuleles for strumming.

Elderly has been very helpful and did me a big favor. I’ve bought a lot from them. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Well that didn't work out the way I had hoped that it would. :(

The purchase didn't work out?
It didn't work out. I got a call yesterday and they told me that they went out to the warehouse to get my ukulele and they couldn't find it. They don't know where it went. They called Ohana and can't get another one.

It didn't work out. I got a call yesterday and they told me that they went out to the warehouse to get my ukulele and they couldn't find it. They don't know where it went. They called Ohana and can't get another one.

Well that's a bummer. I guess you need to go shopping again.

Well that's a bummer. I guess you need to go shopping again.
I was pretty excited about taking advantage of the black Friday sales and getting a deal on a new ukulele. First of all there wasn't really many black Friday sales on ukuleles that I wanted, and the sales I did find were pretty selective. But looking around I found the one that I wanted, and now that I went through the motions, ordered it, and it was not on sale, and then they don't have it, I've just kind of become apathetic about the whole thing. I've lost interest in a new ukulele. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. I'm sure that I'll get the urge again.

Last edited:
I was pretty excited about taking advantage of the black Friday sales and getting a deal on a new ukulele. First of all there wasn't really many black Friday sales on ukuleles that I wanted, and the sales I did find were pretty selective. But looking around I found the one that I wanted, and now that I went through the motions, ordered it, and it was not on sale, and then they don't have it, I've just kind of become apathetic about the whole thing. I've lost interest in a new ukulele. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. I'm sure that I'll get the urge again.

I’m curious why you don’t replace the mainland with another mainland?

I spoke too soon. They called me back a little while ago and shot me a deal on something a couple of steps up from the price range that I was looking at. I'll post a picture when it gets here. All's well that ends well. I think that it goes to show that a little patience pays off.

Attachments

• Ohana CK-80.jpg
    Ohana CK-80.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
This all started when I found a particular ukulele that I wanted that happened to be on the Elderly site while looking for a black Friday sale of some kind. After a couple of set backs on two ukuleles that were unavailable, Elderly called me and made me an offer on a ukulele that I couldn't pass up. They certainly went above and beyond. This is much more ukulele than I had bargained for to start with.

CK-80 Back.jpgCK_80 Front.jpgCK-80 .jpg

The pictures don't do it justice, but I was in a hurry.

Last edited:
Yeah, as I said before, that’s a great lookin’ uke.. You’ll have a good time singin’ with that one. Congratulations! :eek:ld:

This all started when I found a particular ukulele that I wanted that happened to be on the Elderly site while looking for a black Friday sale of some kind. After a couple of set backs on two ukuleles that were unavailable, Elderly called me and made me an offer on a ukulele that I couldn't pass up. They certainly went above and beyond.

Looks beautiful. I've found Elderly to be good to deal with, and it sounds like this worked out well for you. Have fun with it!

not a Black Friday sale per se ... but I got 8 Grover/Dampit ukulele humidifiers for $50 shipped on Ebay :cool:

Top Bottom