Lucky Me

S11LKO

Reaction score
Although I'm new to the ukulele, and it's not my main instrument (guitar is I suppose), I've been amongst you all long enough to know that it can be quite a formidable instrument in the hands of an expert player.

Sadly, I'm NOT that player. lol

To me therefore, the ukulele is just an instrument of joy and fun. I own four now, but to my shame I don't use them as much as I should.

This then is only my fourth (or 5th? lol) attempt at playing one. Please therefore go easy on me...

Dave that was AWESOME, you had me smiling, my foot was tapping and although I don't know the song I ended up singing along. You biggest asset is how much fun you display while you are performing. That is a rare gift and goes a very long way, I enjoy your singing voice as well. Bravo mate and kiss your uke everyday

Dave that was AWESOME, you had me smiling, my foot was tapping and although I don't know the song I ended up singing along. You biggest asset is how much fun you display while you are performing. That is a rare gift and goes a very long way, I enjoy your singing voice as well. Bravo mate and kiss your uke everyday

Haha! Thanks Davey. I love doing what I do. I DO have fun and it takes me away from the 'real world' for a while. I'll give 'em a kiss every day for YOU as well while I'm there!! lol

Dave, You have an amazing talent there. That cockney Chas and Dave humour is great. Your timing and delivery is just excellent. When I see videos like this it just makes me smile and wish I could sing. Also if any style of singing suits the ukulele this is it. You should really do more like this.......You own it!
Great, Mike

Dave, You have an amazing talent there. That cockney Chas and Dave humour is great. Your timing and delivery is just excellent. When I see videos like this it just makes me smile and wish I could sing. Also if any style of singing suits the ukulele this is it. You should really do more like this.......You own it!
Great, Mike

Haha! Thanks Mike...comments appreciated as always.

Dave, just great! For a new uker, it's easy to see that your many years of guitar playing translates VERY well over to the uke. BTW, what model Cordoba is that? I have a 24T-CE, what is yours?

Hi John,

The uke used in the video is a Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor Cutaway. I got it, along with its matching ABS hard case, for a steal from a local dealer and, although I'm no expert player, I'm really pleased with it.

The fact I can plug it in on the odd occasion I need to, and it sounds really good amplified that way, has chuffed me too.

Thanks for your kind comments mate.

AWESOME! Such a nice way to top off this Thanksgiving day! Loved it, Dave! Also loved seeing that cool word again... "chuffed" !!

young Dave....I throughly enjoyed this one. I think it’s one of your best. This song really suit you ! Put a smile on my face. I hope your brother in law likes it too ! :)

Guess what? He doesn't! lol
Thanks young Brenda! X

I had another listen, and noticed that the uke, when capo'd up like that, sounds rather like a soprano, at least to my ears.

Thanks John, John & Laurence - all listens and kind comments appreciated.

Top Bottom