Sunrise, Sunset (from "Fiddler on the Roof")

Another great one from you, John. I like how you pan your screen to the candle at the end.
It is just not right to tease by mentioning your SECOND favorite musical without tellling us your number one favorite.

Thanks, Joseph! "The Sound of Music" is undoubtedly my favorite musical. "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Flower Drum Song" follow close behind, but I give the nod to "Fiddler" because of the emotions it stirs in me. Love "Carousel" too and I've gotta do at least one song from that musical as well. :)

I love everything about this video ! The mood is set perfectly ! I too like to know how you moved the camera toward the end ! Did you shoot with two cameras ?
Fiddler on the roof was one of those movies that stays in my head for many many years ! I still remember the fiddler sat on the roof at dusk in the beginning of the movie !
Great work as always John. Bravo.

Thanks, Brenda! The fiddler actually has a pretty nice solo instrumental during the opening credits of the movie, actually an actor pretending to play to an Isaac Stern performance. That actor did a good job because his timing was good! For the panning of the candle at the end, I recorded myself and the candle separately, and using green screening, I overlayed one video over the other, then panned both videos at slightly different rates, one to get me out of the way, and the other to finish with the candle in the center.

Thanks, Campbell! I really appreciate it! :)

I find myself consistently envying your talent young John.
Well done once again my friend...

I am in awe of the talent level of many of the UU crowd, and I can't imagine trying to make a comprehensive list of those I admire. However, John, you are definitely on that list. Thank you for sharing with us.

Bill

Thanks, Dave! Not so young and I feel like my aging has suddenly accelerated, but at least I still have the energy to make videos! :)

Thanks, Bill! Yes, there is so much talent on UU and in the ukulele universe in general, that it's hard to stand out, so to even be considered for such a list would be a high honor! I really appreciate it!

Thanks, Laurence! I'm glad you like it. I love this musical and really wanted to do this song justice. Gave it my best shot!

Thanks, Luke! The keyboard has so many different sounds that I haven't even scratched the surface. Hopefully I can use some of these sounds effectively in the future. I tend to favor the strings when selecting sounds.

This is a great video! Loved your singing, playing, and video production. Thanks for sharing it here. -Kevin

Thanks, Kevin! I really appreciate it! :)

Another great version John. You have a great quality to your videos that I really enjoy. Will your voice reach the high notes in the "Sound of Music". Trying to imagine how you are going to pull that one of!:p
Mike

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate it! I have tried a few songs from "The Sound of Music." Not too happy with my vocals in this one, but there's a surprise ending for those who can tolerate it to the end:

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate it! I have tried a few songs from "The Sound of Music." Not too happy with my vocals in this one, but there's a surprise ending for those who can tolerate it to the end:

Haha! You should e been on Monty Python with annotation like that John. X

Haha......absolutely hilarious.......As Dave said, very Monty Pythonesque cartoons and humour! Was that end chord lifted from the end of the Beatles A Day in the Life??????
Mike

WOW John. That’s just too funny! I love this video!

Thanks Dave, Mike, and Brenda! Yes, that last chord is from "Day in the LIfe" played at half speed. Good ear!

Top Bottom