Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bridge thickness and saddle depth

Okay, I think I'm beginning to catch on. Under saddle pickups are wider than they are tall! So if an under saddle pickup is an eighth inch wide on average that does not mean that it's an eighth inch tall. So a guy probably ought to know what he's planning to install before he makes the slot and saddle?
    "Why is it that you never have time to do it right the first time, but you always have time to do it right the second time??"

Do a 1/8 saddle slot- you will use all that 3mm (1/8") to get the best intonation.
    I dont know why anyone does the thin style saddles...silly

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBarnett View Post
    Okay, I think I'm beginning to catch on. Under saddle pickups are wider than they are tall! So if an under saddle pickup is an eighth inch wide on average that does not mean that it's an eighth inch tall.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBarnett View Post
    So a guy probably ought to know what he's planning to install before he makes the slot and saddle?
    I think there could be basically two types of builders when it comes to this. One will know the depth of 50% of the saddle in the bridge, and build accordingly. The other will build for future modifications, and add .050" inside the bridge (some specs show the Element UST as less than .040"). I used to be the first, but became the 2nd early on.
    Last edited by Kekani; 11-30-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Thread Information