Thread: NBD: Ibanez mikro bass...

Default NBD: Ibanez mikro bass...

I was wanting to experiment with the steel string sound, so a Black Friday deal came up and I ordered an Ibanez mikro bass, 26.4" scale, for a bargain. I had been looking for something with steel strings and actually would really like a Kala solid body, but for the price, I can't beat this thing. Just got it yesterday and still have to work on getting it setup properly and I ordered some D'addario black tape wound strings for it.
    NBUD.jpg

I had considered, other than Kala solid, the Goldtone ME, violin basses (30") scale and a couple short scale Fenders, which also have 30" scale, I think, then I discovered the mikro.
    Last edited by UkerDanno; 11-27-2018 at 07:49 AM.
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

Congrats! Too big fer me.
    Ukelele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    KPK pineapple SLN-GCEA
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG-C Lava
    Guitars:
    Cordoba C1m 1/4, TI CF127, G
    Cordoba Mini M, SC F# EFS
    Jupiter #47, TI CF127, G

Jim's Blog

I think you may be mistaken about the scale. I bought one a few months ago, they're 28.6" as of the Ibanez web site and every site I checked at the time. That scale is also too big for me, so I had it converted to 24" scale by replacing the neck with a RondoMusic.com Hadean solid body neck and a new bridge. But the body is just a little too big too, so I've been much more careful when I look for another conversion to do.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video
    Last edited by kohanmike; 11-29-2018 at 03:52 PM.

You're right, 28.6" scale...brain pharte!
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    Congrats! Too big fer me.
    It's a little unwieldy for sure, especially after playing ukulele and Ubass. But, it sounds pretty good, even with the stock strings and no setup, can't wait to get the new strings on and get it setup (it has lots of adjustments for the neck and bridge).

I'll still take my Ubass to jams, this is just for fun at home...for now anyway.
    Just Play

Thread Information