Islander action

tommyboy

Reaction score
Looking to buy Islander concert - any have experience re: action? Thanks

Looking to buy Islander concert - any have experience re: action? Thanks
Action is related more to how the ukulele is set-up by the seller, than the brand. Best to buy from a dealer who offers a free set-up. I bought my Islander from Uke Republic and the action is perfect. Islanders are Kanilea’s import line and they have the wider 1.5 inch nut like the Kanile’a ukes. My Islander is a soprano, and having the wider nut makes the smaller size easier to play for me.

Last edited:
I don't really ever expect any maker to have the action I prefer straight off the shelf.
Even expensive brands.

Just organize to get your own setup done to your preferred action by doing it yourself of getting a technician or luthier to do it.

The Ukulele Site (HMS) gets the idea. They will setup every uke they sell regardless of the maker, because they know ukes don't come with perfect setup straight out of the box.

As above - action is not something that differs brand to brand or even model to model. It's an adjustable thing that is set as part of a setup. As such two identical Islanders could have completely different setups.

Top Bottom