In A Mellow Tone - Solo Uke - Gerald Ross

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
A 1939 Duke Ellington jazz standard. Hive Hornet tenor uke low-g.

As always, set YouTube to 1080p for the full Gerald effect. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Very nice Gerald. I always enjoy your videos and playing. The low G sounds great to my ears!
Mike

Okay, I’ll say it. It’s wonderful to have one of the best ukulele players on the planet grace this forum. So good!

Still the best swing playing anywhere.

A 1939 Duke Ellington jazz standard. Hive Hornet tenor uke low-g.

As always, set YouTube to 1080p for the full Gerald effect. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Lovely piece Gerald. I've been listening to "Absolute Uke" and "Swing Ukulele" a lot lately, you're a real inspiration. I've noticed you've been playing with a low G a lot more in the past year, but I remember you saying you played only in re-entrant and how much you liked it in the past. Is there a reason for the switch, or are you just experimenting? I have to say, I really like the sound of the low G in your playing, lots of depth and "roundness". Although I also really liked how tight your voicings sounded in re-entrant!

While listening to your sweet tones I visited your webpage.
Thank you!

One day, in my far distant dreams, *I* will probably still never be able to play that well! lol
Very nice Gerald.

Top Bottom