Ukulele show in Atwater Village 12/1/18 Atwater Village (Los Angeles) CA

rufustf

Reaction score
Tomorrow the Atwater Village Ukulele Club will be performing at 8PM at Link n' Hops (3111 Glendale Blvd. 90039). We'll play about an hour long set that includes some Brazilian music, surf rock, Queen, Bowie, some old jazz and a Frank Zappa tune. It'll be a little over an hour (I think).There will be a few vocal features but the bulk of the set will be instrumental. We'll be accompanied by Jon Mohr on bass and Richard Fultineer on drums.

At 9:30 I'll be playing a trio set with the bass & drums. I'll be playing a few more Zappa tunes along with some jazz, rock & choro music.

If you're in the Los Angeles area and you'd like to hear something different performed on ukulele (or ukuleles), this performance will not disappoint. We mostly stay away from the "typical" repertoire, and unlike many large ukulele groups, it is not a "sing along" with ukulele accompaniment.

The show is free, all ages, and open to the public, and the venue has excellent links, fries & beer so you can consider it an evening of ukulele and carbohydrates.

Attachments

• UkeNight12.1.18.jpg
    UkeNight12.1.18.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom