Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

One more video. One of my all time favorite Beatles songs.
"I Will"

Last edited:
What a great thread with wonderful contributions! Thought I'd do something a little different and show you my Beatles shrine:

Great video John, I just knew you'd bring something special to this fun thread :D

Some great contributions by Joseph (Lapyang), Dave (S11LKO), John (keonepax), and Gillian! Here's another I just did this morning. So many great ukulele players have covered this tune, including people who have posted on this thread. Please consider this video an invitation to submit your versions! And thanks to UU member CulpRJ who posted this fun and simple arrangement, so new players like me can give it a go.

Fabulous work Kevin, you are making me want a GodinMulti uke with these fine videos, thanks for sharing :D

All these wonderful contributions. It makes me nervous to share my meager offering, but I'm ready to throw something out there. Please forgive my croaky voice. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Shure mic I got over the weekend. Any suggestions on how to get my vocals not to be overpowered by my uke are very welcome.

How wonderful this is RafterGirl, welcome aboard the Beatles Express! :D

Here's some fun my son Curtis and I had over 5 years ago. Sheesh, where does time go?
Curt playing my home made cajon - made one for him as well.
That is really rockin'. You could melt some faces with that one - well done!

Here's some fun my son Curtis and I had over 5 years ago. Sheesh, where does time go?

Great one Brian! Your son has obviously inherited your vocal skills!

Last edited:
All these wonderful contributions. It makes me nervous to share my meager offering

You did great! That Moon Bird is sounding fantastic, and I bet you have lots of fun with the kids doing that song.

And "I Will" is one of my favorite songs, so thanks for sharing that one, too.

You did great! That Moon Bird is sounding fantastic, and I bet you have lots of fun with the kids doing that song.

And "I Will" is one of my favorite songs, so thanks for sharing that one, too.
I had another patient who loved "Count On Me" by Bruno Mars. The Okie Dokie Brothers are also kid favorites. Jamming with the music therapists & kids in the music room is a blast. It's great to do something fun with the kids instead of stuff that's painful or scary. Uplifting for the kids, and for us caregivers as well. How can you not be lifted up by The Beatles!

I really enjoyed that. I didn't expect that song to be covered here.
Now I have to figure out what a cajon is. :)
It's the wooden "drum box" thingie that his son is sitting on and playing. We have a guy who brings his to our monthly jams. It's really fun to have percussion, along with a uke bass player at the jam.

At my stage of learning to play the uke, this was a bit challenging for me, but I love the song and wanted to get it in on this fun thread. I’m rushing about all over the place at the moment and am sort of posting this without really checking it first, so hope it didn’t turn out too bad and without too many mistakes. Anyway, I can only improve as time passes...hopefully! lol

Dave you are just a star........I would come and be entertained by you anytime...........!

This is my rendition of “Let it be”.

Joseph

Joseph, I am so glad you decided to participate..... Your playing is improving at a phenomenal pace. Wonderful stuff!

Here's an instrumental version of "Till There Was You" I recorded a while back :D It's a slightly different feel for the humble ukulele as it uses Plectrum Banjo tuning :D

Campbell that is such a beautifully arranged and performed piece.......fabulous!

Such great Beatle song covers! I've enjoyed every one.

Great to see you again Gillian.........I really love Strawberry Fields..........Keep em coming!

What a great thread with wonderful contributions! Thought I'd do something a little different and show you my Beatles shrine:

John what can I say. I knew you would come up with something special and you did not disappoint. You are a true Beatles fan......Thanks for letting us into your shrine. I have the Beatles anthology also and it must be one of the few DVDs that I own that I have watched more than once!

A big thanks to everybody who is enjoying this thread.....................I know I am. You are all great!
Mike

Some great contributions by Joseph (Lapyang), Dave (S11LKO), John (keonepax), and Gillian! Here's another I just did this morning. So many great ukulele players have covered this tune, including people who have posted on this thread. Please consider this video an invitation to submit your versions! And thanks to UU member CulpRJ who posted this fun and simple arrangement, so new players like me can give it a go.

Very cool playing and I love the sound of that Godin Ukulele......excellent.

All these wonderful contributions. It makes me nervous to share my meager offering, but I'm ready to throw something out there. Please forgive my croaky voice. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Shure mic I got over the weekend. Any suggestions on how to get my vocals not to be overpowered by my uke are very welcome.

One more video. One of my all time favorite Beatles songs.

Lovely to have you on board RafterGirl. Your playing and singing are great.....keep em coming!!!

That was fantastic Pabrizzer. The groove and drive was excellent........great that you brought your son out too. Lovely.

I tried to post these with the ones above but was only allowed 5 videos per answer. So same as above, I am really enjoying all these Videos.....you are all doing a great job......keep em coming,
Mike

What a great thread!
Beatles music is "hallowed ground" to me so I feel like nothing I can do will ever be good enough. But I tried pretty hard to get this one right and it seemed to suit my style so here we go - this is all I got!
George Harrison's songs always give me a lift...

What a great thread!
Beatles music is "hallowed ground" to me so I feel like nothing I can do will ever be good enough. But I tried pretty hard to get this one right and it seemed to suit my style so here we go - this is all I got!

Holy moly that was awesome! Absolutely beautiful!
You will make old GEORGE smile

What a great thread!

I’m gobsmacked at that mate! Your rendition was spot on. Loved it!!

What a great thread!

Wow - love this. Great!

What a great thread!

Now that is very some very fine pickin' :D I dip my lid to you my friend, truly wonderful playing & the perfect song choice, bravo Laurence! :D

Top Bottom