Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

I’m working on “For No One.” I’ll try to record it in the few days.

Hi all,
I'm just off to have my throat and sinuses scanned as they're getting worse, but I didn't want to disappear without posting anything today. So here we go. Totally unpracticed & non-rehearsed. Warts and all. I even had to read some of the words!
But doing it cheered me up and made me feel better. lol

Bravo buddy, love this one! Good luck at the Doc's :D

Hi all,
I'm just off to have my throat and sinuses scanned as they're getting worse, but I didn't want to disappear without posting anything today. So here we go. Totally unpracticed & non-rehearsed. Warts and all. I even had to read some of the words!
But doing it cheered me up and made me feel better. lol

Thanks Mike, thanks Campbell. I'm sensitive about my advancing years enough already, and now I've been assigned to old time music halls!! I want to be up there joint billing with Ed Sheeran! lol
Seriously though, thank you both for your encouragement and kind words!

A solo arrangement of Paul McCartney's Yesterday. I hope you all enjoy!
Mike

Still catching up on all the videos. Really enjoyed this take on Yesterday- kind of a Beatles meet Johann Sebastian Bach and nicely played!

Last edited:
"Ain't She Sweet" was covered by the Beatles & released on an album in 1964 :D I used a bit of Ceramic Reverb from the bathroom tiles to help soften the shock of my croaky old voice! :D What the heck it's just for fun!

You pull off that tin pan alley sound so authentically.. I loved it! The double strum kicks it into another gear.

Last edited:
You pull off that tin pan alley sound so authentically.. I loved it! The double strum kicks it into another gear.

Thanks Etudes, I'm certainly old enough to love this kind off stuff, my Dad showed me how to play this one! :D When I was a lad.

Here's a photo of him ukin' it up at Glasgow University :cool:Many moons ago.

Attachments

• img092.jpg
    img092.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
My favorite McCartney bass lines are those played in "Something" and "Paperback Writer".

I like to think I've got those bass lines down pat. :) "Day Tripper", "Drive My Car", and "Rain" also have amazing bass lines.

So many talented ukulele Beatle fans responding to this thread! I'm going to mention again our uke club's Beatle Songbook. It can be downloaded (free!) from our website's Song Book Page. We came up with a unique format that includes timing dots, measure bars, and signature tabs for those of us who don't know how to read musical notation. I'm especially proud of our song sheet for "Here Comes the Sun". I came up with that 7 years ago and it took me quite a while to format. I changed the key from A to G to make it easier to play. Give it a try!

Last edited:
There you go Mike. I made a new video for you !

Great choice Brenda, and again that lovely clean playing style of yours. Your recordings are always so clear and the video quality is excellent. High G for a change also...........great!
Mike

Thanks Etudes, I'm certainly old enough to love this kind off stuff, my Dad showed me how to play this one! :D When I was a lad.

That's a great photograph Campbell. Mortarboards and a Banjo Ukulele..............could not be more different!
Mike

Thanks Mike, thanks Campbell. I'm sensitive about my advancing years enough already, and now I've been assigned to old time music halls!! I want to be up there joint billing with Ed Sheeran! lol
Seriously though, thank you both for your encouragement and kind words!

I know what you mean about the advancement of years Dave.............but when I think about it I would much rather do the the music halls than share joint billing with Ed Sheeran. It would be embarrassing....................shouting for me when Ed is playing:rolleyes:!

Yes, is a Hofner Contemporary bass. Parts are from Germany but assembled in China. It is different from the entirely German-made Hofner in that it has a centre block which gives it more sustain. McCartney's German Hofner bass lines are busy because of lack of sustain so he had to play all those notes and I'm glad he did. His melodic bass lines are iconic. I've got quite a few of his bass lines memorized. Now I'm working on "Hey Bulldog" and "Being for the benefit of Mr. Kite". :)

Thanks for asking!

I have often thought how important those McCartney bass lines and tone are to the Beatles sound. You are right in your quote....His melodic bass lines are iconic!
Mike

I know what you mean about the advancement of years Dave.............but when I think about it I would much rather do the the music halls than share joint billing with Ed Sheeran. It would be embarrassing....................shouting for me when Ed is playing:rolleyes:!

Hahaha!!! Indeed my friend, indeed!

Wow! How cool to have that uke heritage- that photo is just amazing.. I subscribed to your video feed- the tunes played on the aNueNue really stood out! Beautiful stuff

Thank you
Young Dave
Campbell ( great picture of your dad soooooo that’s what you look like)
Mike
Laurence

Big thank you to Joseph for digging me out of the pile ;). I can see daylights again ! Yuppies!

Found time arrange a few tunes. Here There and Everywhere by Paul McCartney. I think this was Lennon's favourite McCartney song. It has to be up there with the best in my opinion. It's on the Revolver album. Revolver and Rubber Soul are my favourite Beatles albums!

Top Bottom