Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

Here's an instrumental version of "Till There Was You" I recorded a while back :D It's a slightly different feel for the humble ukulele as it uses Plectrum Banjo tuning :D
Lovely stuff Campbell, but banjo tuning? - you can get in trouble for that! :)

Generally we'd be run out of town for such things Laurence, but Mike has been very flexible with the rules in this case :cool:

Indeed! I even played mine COMPLETELY FUMBLED AND OUT OF TUNE and he hasn't told me off yet!! lol

Thanks friends, this Kinnard Super Tenor belonged to Kimo Hussey, I asked him to leave some mojo in it for me! :D

I think you brought plenty of your own special mojo to it. Beautiful playing.

I use a Zoom Q8 Handy Cam & a Zoom AC-2 Preamp. It's an extremely simple setup because, me and technology just don't get along! I plug the uke into the Zoom AC-2 preamp, it exits the preamp in stereo via 2 leads & plugs directly through these 2 leads into the back of the Zoom Q8 camera :D Dead simple & virtually idiot proof :D

Do we have any threads elsewhere that explain this type of thing? I tried looking up those items, and can't even begin to figure out what one would do with the Zoom AC-2, for example.
This is the wrong place to ask about that, but maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't understand this stuff at all?

I've been inspired by all the videos, but still can't figure out how any of this stuff works.

Here's an instrumental version of "Till There Was You" I recorded a while back :D It's a slightly different feel for the humble ukulele as it uses Plectrum Banjo tuning :D

Really love the arrangement- wonderfully played.

At my stage of learning to play the uke, this was a bit challenging for me, but I love the song and wanted to get it in on this fun thread. I’m rushing about all over the place at the moment and am sort of posting this without really checking it first, so hope it didn’t turn out too bad and without too many mistakes. Anyway, I can only improve as time passes...hopefully! lol

Love Love Love this song! Great job.

Campbell, your version of "Till There Was You" is simply stunning. A gorgeous arrangement, beautifully played. Listening to it was the highlight of my day. :)
Jan

Love Love Love this song! Great job.

Thanks for having taken the time to listen RafterGirl; it IS a great song, isn't it? But then they wrote MANY great songs as we all know. We're being reminded of that fact by what's appearing in this thread, and I'm sure the members here will have many more great songs to post before month end...

At my stage of learning to play the uke, this was a bit challenging for me, but I love the song and wanted to get it in on this fun thread. I’m rushing about all over the place at the moment and am sort of posting this without really checking it first, so hope it didn’t turn out too bad and without too many mistakes. Anyway, I can only improve as time passes...hopefully! lol

Young Dave
This is one of your best videos. Throughly enjoyed it. You sang with so much emotion!
Please try the next one in the bathroom. Ha ha

What a great thread with wonderful contributions! Thought I'd do something a little different and show you my Beatles shrine:

What a great thread with wonderful contributions! Thought I'd do something a little different and show you my Beatles shrine:

Big smile!!! Brilliant John mate. That's quite a collection you have there - and your rendition of the song's great too! Well done buddy.

Some great contributions by Joseph (Lapyang), Dave (S11LKO), John (keonepax), and Gillian! Here's another I just did this morning. So many great ukulele players have covered this tune, including people who have posted on this thread. Please consider this video an invitation to submit your versions! And thanks to UU member CulpRJ who posted this fun and simple arrangement, so new players like me can give it a go.

Edit: UU member etudes has a truly beautiful version of this song at the link posted below. Please see his version!

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...o-Thread-Christmas-fun!&p=2116166#post2116166

Last edited:

Just when I thought I need to move my 'gears' into the shower for my next video, you just raised the bar again. This is getting more and more interesting where this thread is taking us.. Love it. Great video as always. You are such a Beatles fan! Love your collections.

Top Bottom