Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

Lovely song. Great arrangement. Well played.
What more could a listener ask for?
Well done Mike.

Found time arrange a few tunes. Here There and Everywhere by Paul McCartney. I think this was Lennon's favourite McCartney song. It has to be up there with the best in my opinion. It's on the Revolver album. Revolver and Rubber Soul are my favourite Beatles albums!

Excellent! As you can tell from post #2 in this thread, this song is a favorite at my house, too! Lovely arrangement and playing.

Lovely song. Great arrangement. Well played.
What more could a listener ask for?
Well done Mike.
Thank you Dave.....If only I could sing like Macca!

Excellent! As you can tell from post #2 in this thread, this song is a favorite at my house, too! Lovely arrangement and playing.
hi good_ukue_boy, It was your post that inspired me to look at this. It is a great song and must have been fun having your son singing!

+1 Wonderful arrangement & playing Mike! :D Your Ohana Tenor sounds so good, and I bet it has that soft familiar feel, just like a set of comfy slippers! :D
Thank you Campbell. I keep looking for another Ohana Tenor for the other foot!!!!! It just has a lovely warm sound to it........Great for a lot of music IMHO!

Thanks Mike

Found time arrange a few tunes. Here There and Everywhere by Paul McCartney. I think this was Lennon's favourite McCartney song. It has to be up there with the best in my opinion. It's on the Revolver album. Revolver and Rubber Soul are my favourite Beatles albums!

I have many favorites but this is definitely one of them! Lovely performance - you gave it the Mike treatment!

Beatles Mike... this is very nice. I am with Joseph ,love the finishing touch at the end!
I notice all your arrangements are up and down the neck! The Ohana sure past the test! Very lovely.

Mike, that was very lovely, I especially like the run at the end.

I have many favorites but this is definitely one of them! Lovely performance - you gave it the Mike treatment!

Beatles Mike... this is very nice. I am with Joseph ,love the finishing touch at the end!
I notice all your arrangements are up and down the neck! The Ohana sure past the test! Very lovely.

Thank you guys for your kind words........ The Ohana has a lovely rich sound to it. I am assuming it is to do with the mahogany it is made from!
Mike

Almost a year since I started the Mike Lynch tribute

Just thought I recycle this video to help keep this Beatles thread going while everyone is probably busy Christmas shopping

This video is from my first public performance at an open mic. Thankfully, my wife joined me, and she can sing!

This video is from my first public performance at an open mic. Thankfully, my wife joined me, and she can sing!

Well done guys! It takes a lot to get up in front of people - especially if that was your first 'public performance'. Good job! X

Kevin...you lucky dude. First you used your son to boost rating and now your beautiful wife. ;) Yes she can really sing and look forward to hearing her sing in 2019 when you guys are here. Well done, my friend.
This is one of the Beatles songs that I like the best.

Well done guys! It takes a lot to get up in front of people - especially if that was your first 'public performance'. Good job! X

Yes, this was our first. Thanks!

+1 Great work Kevin, I just caught this over at YouTube! Thanks for posting :D

Thanks, Campbell. I'm just sorry the sound system went bad just during the moments when I was singing. Thankfully, it recovered magically while my wife was singing.

Kevin...you lucky dude. First you used your son to boost rating and now your beautiful wife. ;) Yes she can really sing and look forward to hearing her sing in 2019 when you guys are here. Well done, my friend.
This is one of the Beatles songs that I like the best.

Thanks, Brenda. And, with respect to boosting my rating, I'm guilty as charged.

Sorry this took awhile. I got called for jury duty on my day off this week. I threw this together last night after work, so it's kind of rough. I wasn't familiar with this song, but I learned it at a ukulele festival last summer and really liked it. I believe it was written by Paul and was on the Revolver album. The original was played in a "bouncier" rhythm, but I like it played more mellow since it's actually a pretty sad song about a relationship break-up.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying all the creative arrangements being shared here. I have saved quite a few to try! Thanks to everyone who has participated.

Here's my arrangement of "Don't Let Me Down" i did for baritone a while back.

Erivel and UkuleleDaddy helped me out with this one. Eric brought the magic though!

"All You Need Is Love"

Sorry this took awhile. I got called for jury duty on my day off this week. I threw this together last night after work, so it's kind of rough. I wasn't familiar with this song, but I learned it at a ukulele festival last summer and really liked it. I believe it was written by Paul and was on the Revolver album. The original was played in a "bouncier" rhythm, but I like it played more mellow since it's actually a pretty sad song about a relationship break-up.

I like that song too, RafterGirl. Very nicely done!

Top Bottom