Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

This is another beatles video I made during the first month I played the ukulele, wow how time flies! All the new videos here brought smile to my face. Keep em coming. Thank you.

When we talked about blackbird being built in San Francisco in the above thread, I was thinking would someone post the song Blackbird. Suddenly your video appeared. I have always enjoyed your video on UU Facebook ! You did not disappoint! Great to have you here! Beautiful!

Hey Etudes, that was truly lovely - both the arrangement and your playing.
This thread is the best ever.
Jan

good_uke-boy and this thread inspired me to finish this arrangement and get it recorded. Also it's December 9th, a day Beatles fans know too well.

The 8mm clips are from our family home movies- early 1960's.

BRILLIANT mate! Loved it! More of where THAT came from please!!

This is another beatles video I made during the first month I played the ukulele, wow how time flies! All the new videos here brought smile to my face. Keep em coming. Thank you.

During the first month you played ukulele???? I'm impressed! Great job buddy. VERY cushty indeed!! I enjoyed listening.

Hi all,
I'm just off to have my throat and sinuses scanned as they're getting worse, but I didn't want to disappear without posting anything today. So here we go. Totally unpracticed & non-rehearsed. Warts and all. I even had to read some of the words!
But doing it cheered me up and made me feel better. lol

Dave. This is really good.
I really like your strumming. Its so relax and natural !
Didn’t sound like the sinuses has much impact to your vocal.
Great stuff.

Thanks young Brenda.
The nose/throat thing is becoming a concern though as it restricts flow of air through my nose when speaking and trying to sing - even at MY humble level. As a result I've lost nearly half an octave off my vocal range. It's worse some days more than others. But hey! Many are dealing daily with FAR worse than MY silly problems. Let's just get on with the music!
Thanks so much again for your kind comments.

another from my vault of older recordings ...

Lovely stuff Pabrizzer..........I love your voice and delivery. I bet you do a mean tom Waite. I also like that you do the more obscure Beatles material.......Great!

Let's keep them coming! Here's my attempt at "Honey Pie", Paul McCartney's tip of the hat to the dance hall songs his dad introduced him to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rn9-4nAds
Excellent Gillian.......You are one of the new Ukulele players to my eyes and ears.....I hope you keep posting after this thread is over. Really refreshing........Is that a McCartney Hofner bass you have on show there?

This video was made this summer before I moved to the new house !

Fantastic again Brenda...........Your recordings are such great quality. You carry your "SoloRule" name wll here.

good_uke-boy and this thread inspired me to finish this arrangement and get it recorded. Also it's December 9th, a day Beatles fans know too well.

etudes..........this is really special. You have really worked on this and it shows. The Double tracking Ukuleles are so well mixed(or is one a guitar?) The blending is perfect. The Cello got me straight away and the strings a little later. If anybody out there is wanting to now how to produce a great sounding video then look no further than this. This is perfect. Also a quick note on how well that ukulele sounds. Brilliant.....I hope you find time to make more!

Hi Ferry......glad you posted this with a reference to not playing Ukulele long. Your guitar playing credentials are shining through but I have to say I love where you are now with the Ukulele. I tend to play in a guitaristic way, but you seem to have made that jump between guitar and proper ukulele playing so seamlessly.......again just great stuff!

Hi all,
I'm just off to have my throat and sinuses scanned as they're getting worse, but I didn't want to disappear without posting anything today. So here we go. Totally unpracticed & non-rehearsed. Warts and all. I even had to read some of the words!
But doing it cheered me up and made me feel better. lol

Dave, another great choice for your unique style..........you should get a job playing in those old music halls that I loved to visit when I was young......you would tear the place apart. I like how you play everything and it sound so british.....Brilliant........and we want more!

Sorry for my tardy response but ended up being really busy with other things this last couple of weeks. I will try and record a few tunes this week. You guys are all doing a great job at keeping the Beatles in our lives.......They were great!!!!
Mike

etudes......forgive my ignorance but what is special about the 9th of December????
I can't imagine it being this.........
611209_poster_02.jpg

John Lennon was murdered on the 8th December. Could that have been the 9th elsewhere in the world...??? X
That's what I thought when I read the post, John Lennon's death.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Excellent Gillian.......You are one of the new Ukulele players to my eyes and ears.....I hope you keep posting after this thread is over. Really refreshing........Is that a McCartney Hofner bass you have on show there?

Yes, is a Hofner Contemporary bass. Parts are from Germany but assembled in China. It is different from the entirely German-made Hofner in that it has a centre block which gives it more sustain. McCartney's German Hofner bass lines are busy because of lack of sustain so he had to play all those notes and I'm glad he did. His melodic bass lines are iconic. I've got quite a few of his bass lines memorized. Now I'm working on "Hey Bulldog" and "Being for the benefit of Mr. Kite". :)

Thanks for asking!

Yes, is a Hofner Contemporary bass. Parts are from Germany but assembled in China. It is different from the entirely German-made Hofner in that it has a centre block which gives it more sustain. McCartney's German Hofner bass lines are busy because of lack of sustain so he had to play all those notes and I'm glad he did. His melodic bass lines are iconic. I've got quite a few of his bass lines memorized. Now I'm working on "Hey Bulldog" and "Being for the benefit of Mr. Kite". :)

Thanks for asking!

My favorite McCartney bass lines are those played in "Something" and "Paperback Writer".

Last edited:
etudes......forgive my ignorance but what is special about the 9th of December????
I can't imagine it being this.........
View attachment 114075

Hi Mike,

I did mean to reference Lennon's date of death. I thought it was the 9th like the birthday in October so sorry about the confusion. I'm impressed you could pull up another Beatles related event for the December 9th date!

etudes..........this is really special. You have really worked on this and it shows. The Double tracking Ukuleles are so well mixed(or is one a guitar?) The blending is perfect. The Cello got me straight away and the strings a little later. If anybody out there is wanting to now how to produce a great sounding video then look no further than this. This is perfect. Also a quick note on how well that ukulele sounds. Brilliant.....I hope you find time to make more!

Thanks Mike. The second ukulele was also the Farallon (pickup plugged in direct) mixed with the audio off the video (Shure MV88), panned about 10 and 2 o'clock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom