Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

Let's keep them coming! Here's my attempt at "Honey Pie", Paul McCartney's tip of the hat to the dance hall songs his dad introduced him to.

Here's the video embedded.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

good_uke-boy and this thread inspired me to finish this arrangement and get it recorded. Also it's December 8th, a day Beatles fans know too well.

The 8mm clips are from our family home movies- early 1960's.

Last edited:
good_uke-boy and this thread inspired me to finish this arrangement and get it recorded. Also it's December 9th, a day Beatles fans know too well.

The movie clips are from our family home movies early 1960's.

I really like this version. It’s very enjoyable and the old movie clip really made it special. It brought back memory of my first visit to Golden Gate Bridge in the 70’s.

That's lovely, Brenda! Are you just using an iPhone and iMovie? Pretty amazing production if so.

Thank you Laurence
Just iPhone 7 Plus reverse camera , a Shure MV88 - no AMP, raw ! if I messed up, I had to re do from beginning!
I then use iMovie to insert title and transitions! Very basic. Thanks to Apple user friendly.

Thank you Laurence
Just iPhone 7 Plus reverse camera , a Shure MV88 - no AMP, raw ! if I messed up, I had to re do from beginning!
I then use iMovie to insert title and transitions! Very basic. Thanks to Apple user friendly.

I use the MV88 as well- more expensive than others but really worth it in sound quality.

I really like this version. It’s very enjoyable and the old movie clip really made it special. It brought back memory of my first visit to Golden Gate Bridge in the 70’s.

Thanks Brenda! The San Francisco clip is also appropriate because Blackbirds are built there- I didn't make that connection until later..

Last edited:
Thanks Brenda! The San Francisco clip is also appropriate because Blackbirds are built there- I didn't make that connection until later..

I have the Farallon and Clara. Both are great instruments ! Very easy to play

:D A huge thanks to all that have contributed to this fabulous thread so far, it was a brilliant idea Mike! :D Thank you!
:D Mike, Kevin, John, Dave, Joyful, Gillian, Kathryn, KohanMike, Frolicks, Delgriff & Dad, WS64, Brenda, Laurence, Brian & Curtis, Joseph, Luke, RafterGirl, Beth, Etudes & Ferry :D (Hopefully I haven't missed anyone, please yell out if I did!)

good_uke-boy and this thread inspired me to finish this arrangement and get it recorded. Also it's December 9th, a day Beatles fans know too well.

The 8mm clips are from our family home movies- early 1960's.

Absolutely beautiful arrangement, playing, and production. Very moving. Really love this video!

This is another beatles video I made during the first month I played the ukulele, wow how time flies! All the new videos here brought smile to my face. Keep em coming. Thank you.

Top Bottom