Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

Some great contributions by Joseph (Lapyang), Dave (S11LKO), John (keonepax), and Gillian! Here's another I just did this morning. So many great ukulele players have covered this tune, including people who have posted on this thread. Please consider this video an invitation to submit your versions! And thanks to UU member CulpRJ who posted this fun and simple arrangement, so new players like me can give it a go.

Another great one , kevin. That Canadian Uke really sound good in your hands.

Some great contributions by Joseph (Lapyang), Dave (S11LKO), John (keonepax), and Gillian! Here's another I just did this morning. So many great ukulele players have covered this tune, including people who have posted on this thread. Please consider this video an invitation to submit your versions! And thanks to UU member CulpRJ who posted this fun and simple arrangement, so new players like me can give it a go.

Brilliant! Well done Kev mate!

Thanks mate, I tabbed it out & listed the link in the video description at YouTube :D

So glad you tabbed it out and shared it. I'm going to have to start working on that one. Beautiful.

What a great thread with wonderful contributions! Thought I'd do something a little different and show you my Beatles shrine

That's an enjoyable shrine. :) And nice version of "All My Loving" as well.

Well done, and proof that super fancy playing isn't needed to make the song shine. That's complex enough to make me think you're not really a new player, though. :)

Nice arrangement and a very solid performance - I enjoyed that!

What a great thread with wonderful contributions! Thought I'd do something a little different and show you my Beatles shrine:
I knew you would do a great rendition John, and I love the Beatles shrine! Why did they give Ringo such a big nose?

Gillian, there is an ease to your playing that makes it such a pleasure to listen to.

All these wonderful contributions. It makes me nervous to share my meager offering, but I'm ready to throw something out there. Please forgive my croaky voice. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Shure mic I got over the weekend. Any suggestions on how to get my vocals not to be overpowered by my uke are very welcome.
"With A Little Help From My Friends"

Last edited:
What a great thread with wonderful contributions! Thought I'd do something a little different and show you my Beatles shrine:

Your collection makes me wistful for all my Beatle cards, magazines, etc. that were discarded when I went to college. Sigh... BUT ... I will always have the memory of seeing them in the summer of 1961 when I was 7. My best friend's older sister, who was supposed to be babysitting us, sneaked us into a nightcub where she knew the manager. We were told to stay put and stay quiet. Of course, we peeked to see what was going on. We didn't know what we were seeing but it was quite an exciting night.

All these wonderful contributions. It makes me nervous to share my meager offering, but I'm ready to throw something out there. Please forgive my croaky voice. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Shure mic I got over the weekend. Any suggestions on how to get my vocals not to be overpowered by my uke are very welcome.

RafterGirl that was great!!! Don't knock yourself girly-type; you got some real talent there and you new mic sounds fine to me!!

RafterGirl that was great!!! Don't knock yourself girly-type; you got some real talent there and you new mic sounds fine to me!!
Thanks. Any kind of public singing, even into a mic, makes me a nervous wreck. I suppose this means I need to do it more often.

Are the tabs for this posted anywhere? I'd love to try it.

Very nice! And nice ukulele you've got there, too.

RafterGirl - very nice and laid back, perfect for this song. I bet the kids love you!!

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the singing !
How do you like the Shure mic? You suppose to aim the mic at the 12 th fret of your uke but your video sound fine.

RafterGirl - very nice and laid back, perfect for this song. I bet the kids love you!!
It was the music therapists at my hospital that turned me on to the ukulele. They have several in the music room for the kids to play.

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the singing !
How do you like the Shure mic? You suppose to aim the mic at the 12 th fret of your uke but your video sound fine.
I’m still figuring out the settings and mic positioning. Fun to experiment.

Top Bottom