Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

Default Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

It's December the 1st........time to launch the UU Beatles Video Thread!
    This will run through the month of December and the idea will be to post as many videos as possible through this period. There will be only a couple of rules: 1..It must be Beatles related. 2..It must have a Ukulele in there somewhere. Other than that there are no rules except maybe that you must have fun and enjoy yourselves. It will be great to see stellar playing, wonderful playing, fab singing, gut busting humour, pathos and UU members who are tentatively posting their first videos......you will not be judged on here, only encouragement allowed!
    Although I expect most videos will be performed by UU members, I thought I will start the proceedings with a very Ukulele video by the late great George Harrison! Have fun,
    Mike.

Thanks, Mike! Here's one I just did with my son.

Thanks for starting this thread and posting the George Harrison video. Sad to think he was being treated for cancer at that time, but his playing and whistling is a testament to his positivity.

Kevin and son, that was lovely! Please, sir, may we have another?

I was also very impressed by George Harrison’s whistling ability, and thought it was funny that he mentioned it at the end.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Kathryn

A great start to this thread and both videos are very enjoyable; well done troops!
    I'm working on some bits to offer during the month, but they're not quite ready yet. However, in order that I can contribute on the first day, I'm posting below a song I did a while ago. It IS 'Beatles related' in that it was the 'official rememberance song' at the concert for George after George Harrison died. I therefore hope it meets the criteria...

Luv n stuff, Dave

* GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

* UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic

* OTHERS
    Kawai KM-10 Grand piano & Technics KN-2000 keyboard

Something to look forward to. When I get home from work today, I'll be diving in here and having a great time enjoying any and all videos posted. Thanks in advance to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by S11LKO View Post
    A great start to this thread and both videos are very enjoyable; well done troops!
    I'm working on some bits to offer during the month, but they're not quite ready yet. However, in order that I can contribute on the first day, I'm posting below a song I did a while ago. It IS 'Beatles related' in that it was the 'official rememberance song' at the concert for George after George Harrison died. I therefore hope it meets the criteria...

Great singing and playing -- and humming, Dave. Really enjoyed this!

Quote Originally Posted by S11LKO View Post

Davey boy.....you stole my song. Love it well done mate. The end of that song always leave a bit of a lump in my throat
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Mike ..... God Bless for starting it off with George. Love that video and he was the Uke Crazy Beatle so most appropriate
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Thanks for the kind comments troops. This thread was a GREAT idea of Mike's!!
    Luv n stuff, Dave

* GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

* UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic