Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

Sorry it’s not better vocally, more practiced, and that I’m having to read most of the lyrics.

P.S. And before you say it, yes I KNOW the little intro riff I quickly put together for it sounds like The Monkees about to play ‘Last Train To Clarksville’ lol

Hey, the little intro riff sounds like The Monkees... (;)
Really enjoyed this, Dave! Got my toes tappin'

Fell way behind here, (If I Fell?), but will be catching up eventually. Even though I haven't kept up, I want to thank everyone who shared (and will be sharing) their videos. You are brightening my holiday season, and way beyond.

Another great classic Beatles track primarily written by John Lennon. This was featured as a double "A" side in the UK along with Penny Lane and was released in 1967. Played on an Ohana TK35G Tenor Ukulele with low G tuning.
Merry Christmas,
Mike

Wonderful. This thread has literally exploded since the last time I could check on it. With all this Christmas stuff going on in December, time always flies by.
Anyway, I did a little catching up now and I'm stunned by all the nice interpretations. I personally prefer the sung ones, although I have a great respect for all the instrumental renditions.

Thanks for all the kind words a few weeks and pages back. I finally had the time to record something new for this wonderful thread. As I always prefer to sing, I chose this more folksy tune by Paul McCartney from A Hard Day's Night.

I used a borrowed Lanikai Taropatch, as this perfectly fits to the folk touch of the song. I took a One Shot, No Compromise approach, and gently ignored a few glitches. And I hope you'll be able to do the same...

Last edited:
And another one...

I finally found a song to play on my vintage Martin ukulele, a nice Style 0 I was lucky to stumble upon a couple of months back. Again from 1964. And again one rough take, no repetitions, but a few glitches...

Another great classic Beatles track primarily written by John Lennon. This was featured as a double "A" side in the UK along with Penny Lane and was released in 1967. Played on an Ohana TK35G Tenor Ukulele with low G tuning.
Merry Christmas,
Mike

I never would have thought this tune could be so beautifully rendered on the ukulele! And yet...

Merry Christmas,
Mike

Great stuff, Mike.
This is one of the hard Beatles songs!

Another quick video. I was hoping to record and post this on December 22nd -- just after winter solstice here in the Northern hemisphere. But work and life got in the way. Thanks, UU.

Real cushty young Kevin! One of my fave Beatles songs ever mate - and nicely and 'relax-edly' played!
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Merry Christmas,
Mike

Beautiful arrangement and playing!

Wonderful. This thread has literally exploded since the last time I could check on it. With all this Christmas stuff going on in December, time always flies by.
Anyway, I did a little catching up now and I'm stunned by all the nice interpretations. I personally prefer the sung ones, although I have a great respect for all the instrumental renditions.

Thanks for all the kind words a few weeks and pages back. I finally had the time to record something new for this wonderful thread. As I always prefer to sing, I chose this more folksy tune by Paul McCartney from A Hard Day's Night.

I used a borrowed Lanikai Taropatch, as this perfectly fits to the folk touch of the song. I took a One Shot, No Compromise approach, and gently ignored a few glitches. And I hope you'll be able to do the same...

And another one...

I finally found a song to play on my vintage Martin ukulele, a nice Style 0 I was lucky to stumble upon a couple of months back. Again from 1964. And again one rough take, no repetitions, but a few glitches...

Thanks for a couple of fab videos Frolicks, bravo! :D

Another quick video. I was hoping to record and post this on December 22nd -- just after winter solstice here in the Northern hemisphere. But work and life got in the way. Thanks, UU.

Kevin when did you get so good? You have done a fantastic job here
Glad you made the video. That Godin looks and sounds good in your hands
Happy new year. Hope to see you in 2019

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 8.50 PM.png
Very nice, especially with of the Godin Multiuke, but I'm biased, I also have one.

Godin Multiuke sumbust mine 843.jpg

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Last edited:

And another one...

Great to see you here and posting frolicks! A great job with great material. This is why the Beatles were so good. Just fantastic songs! Thanks again for posting!

good_uke_boy, Great to see you again with that lovely Godin. It is not a coincidence that George Harrison's songs work so well on Ukulele A great effort and thank you for your contributions.

Kindest regards,
Mike

Top Bottom