Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

What a great thread!
Beatles music is "hallowed ground" to me so I feel like nothing I can do will ever be good enough. But I tried pretty hard to get this one right and it seemed to suit my style so here we go - this is all I got!
George Harrison's songs always give me a lift...

Holy cow, that was awesome. We’ve been learning that song at my weekly uke workshop. You’ve given me inspiration to keep working at it.

What a great thread!
Beatles music is "hallowed ground" to me so I feel like nothing I can do will ever be good enough. But I tried pretty hard to get this one right and it seemed to suit my style so here we go - this is all I got!

Just back for some more! This is sweet stuff to my ears! :D

What a great thread!

It's hallowed ground for me, too, but you all have been doing great, and I'm loving this thread.

Very well played version of another of my favorite songs, and that ukulele sounds wonderful. This might stir up some UAS. LOL.

How can you not be lifted up by The Beatles!

It's the wooden "drum box" thingie that his son is sitting on and playing. We have a guy who brings his to our monthly jams. It's really fun to have percussion, along with a uke bass player at the jam.

Well, maybe Revolution 9 isn't uplifting. LOL. Number 9, number 9, number 9....
But, pretty much everything else is definitely uplifting, and has held up amazingly well over all these years.

So many things I don't know about. I'll have to look up the drum box thingie. It added a lot to their video.

Here's some fun my son Curtis and I had over 5 years ago. Sheesh, where does time go?
Curt playing my home made cajon - made one for him as well.

Sweet! Way to put your own spin on one of my favorite Beatles tunes. The Cajon is a nice touch.

Some great contributions by Joseph (Lapyang), Dave (S11LKO), John (keonepax), and Gillian! Here's another I just did this morning. So many great ukulele players have covered this tune, including people who have posted on this thread. Please consider this video an invitation to submit your versions! And thanks to UU member CulpRJ who posted this fun and simple arrangement, so new players like me can give it a go.

Thanks for covering this George classic. And yes that Godin has a sweet plugged in sound.

What a great thread!

Beautiful Laurence........George harrison's songs are very special. You are right this song does suit your style....great!

As others have said The Beatles have left us with such a body of fabulous songs -
here's one of my absolute favs -

Fabulous performance pabrizzer. Some of the vocal performances on this thread are stunning. Your melancholic delivery has added a new dimension to a great song. A fantastic delivery!
Mike

My current HUGE enjoyment of this wonderful thread has coincided with my having a ticket to go this evening to see one of the best Beatles tribute bands in the country.

I'm really looking forward to it and I'm gonna listen carefully to what they do (if I get time as I'll obviously be up on my feet jiggling about doing daddy-dancing for most of the evening!) and select a song to learn and play here.

BOY...is this thread fun or wot??? lol

My current HUGE enjoyment of this wonderful thread has coincided with my having a ticket to go this evening to see one of the best Beatles tribute bands in the country.

I'm really looking forward to it and I'm gonna listen carefully to what they do (if I get time as I'll obviously be up on my feet jiggling about doing daddy-dancing for most of the evening!) and select a song to learn and play here.

BOY...is this thread fun or wot??? lol

Young Dave, this thread is going to used up all the bandwidth in the forum. It is getting very difficult to keep up.

Young Dave, this thread is going to used up all the bandwidth in the forum. It is getting very difficult to keep up.

Indeed it is young Brenda. But that's all a part of the big, exciting adventure, innit??? lol

My current HUGE enjoyment of this wonderful thread has coincided with my having a ticket to go this evening to see one of the best Beatles tribute bands in the country. I'm gonna listen carefully to what they do and select a song to learn and play here.

Well, I had a great time. I am but an omoeba compared to their skill and talent. But BOY was it inspiring! Two songs selected to try by month's end...

Wow, I was just away for a couple of days and there have been so many new videos posted: Laurence, Kevin, John, Young Dave, Gillian, RafterGirl, and Pabrizzer's father-son team. All are great videos.
Thanks Mike for starting such a fun thread!

Thanks for hosting such a fun thread Mike :D Here's another wonderful video featuring George Harrison :D

'Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea'
I must've missed this when you first posted it Campbell. Great song. I can't get the blooming' tune out of my head now! And my personal hero, Joe Brown, on guitar as well!!!

With the original reference of the thread to Christmas, I thought I'd post this beautiful version of a John Lennon song.

With the original reference of the thread to Christmas, I thought I'd post this beautiful version of a John Lennon song.

I thought this thread is about encouraging members to post their own video / audio. Am I missing something here?

I thought this thread is about encouraging members to post their own video / audio. Am I missing something here?
\\

Sorry. Since there have been George Harrison videos posted by others, I thought this would be OK.

Top Bottom