FS: Gold Tone ME-Bass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
I've decided to list this bass. There are lots of details with pics and videos in my NBUD post here:
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?134957-NBUD-Gold-Tone-ME-Bass

Although the sound of the flatwounds is great, I'm finding I like the shorter scale of my Kala S.U.B. better and also the feel of the Pahoehoe strings is better for my old fingers.

The only thing "wrong" with this bass is a few dings on the back of the headstock. Not very noticeable and affects nothing with the sound or playability.

I'll pass this on for exactly what I have in it - $325 - and I'll cover domestic shipping (which likely won't be cheap). It looks like the latest model is selling for about $475 now and this one originally sold for about $100 more than that, so this is really a great deal. I jumped on it when I saw it. So should you. :) :p

67r0HP2l.jpg

Last edited:
Shoots, Jim, just saw this. Wifey ordered a bass from Sweetwater, I don't recall what it is, another of those wound string basses that can be played acoustically.
We got into a situation while playing a museum benefit, a viscous storm rolled in and knocked out the power, so she just turned the Ubass over and beat it like a drum....then another time she tried hooking the Ubass into the mixer through a small pre-amp, and oops, hardly any volume.
She vowed this would never happen again.
Folks, this Goldtone bass can be played acoustically, too!

Well, this model is a solid body and there is very little acoustic volume. Good if you want to practice quietly. Not so good if you're trying to play on the porch with other instruments. You really need an amp with this one although a small amp like a MicroCube is fine for "not as quiet" practice. I'm not sure about playing directly into a mixer although I have recorded direct into PC and iPad.

Last edited:
Good looking bass.

Just to add more compliments to the ME, I bought one shortly after Jim bought his and I really like it, comfortable, easy to play, good sound. I kept the Aquila Thunderguts, which I'll change when they get too sticky and sausage.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Thanks Kenn and Mike. Yeah, it really is a nice bass, but I'm out of space and I'm getting much more use out of the Kala, so this needs to go to someone who can get more out of it than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom