Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slow Delivery

FedEx is garbage. I have a friend who's been trying to find out what happened to a package that was supposed to be delivered 4 days ago. He's been lied to at every turn he feels. Either that or they have no clue where their packages are.
    I've had better luck with USPS and UPS.
    After reading all the responses above, it really does just seem like a crapshoot with whatever carrier you use.

I'm still waiting for the uke I bought on Nov 20 to get from FL to NY. In the meantime, a uke I bought from New Zealand on Nov 28 will arrive today.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the uke I bought on Nov 20 to get from FL to NY. In the meantime, a uke I bought from New Zealand on Nov 28 will arrive today.
    I feel your pain.

I got mine yesterday and it was shipped the 29th. It came FedEx. Interesting though that the FedEx delivery guy came to my back door which is unusual. I have an enclosed porch in the back but no doorbell. It was lucky that I heard him knocking back there. Maybe he was looking for some place to put it where it wouldn't be seen from the street or where the wind wouldn't blow it away. I don't know what he was thinking. All's well that ends well.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Has the seller actually shipped? (As opposed to just creating a "shipping label" with the carrier.) It my be time to recover your money.
    Martin OXK Soprano
    Kamaka HF3 Tenor
    Eastman EU3C Concert
    Martin S1
    Martin T1K

I have had occasional problems with all of the carriers, but mostly I have had very good service from them. Including Saturday and Sunday deliveries for small items.
    FedEx uses independent delivery contractors, especially this time of year. One took out part of a retaining wall and tore off branches of a tree by trying to turn around in my driveway.

NONE of them ring the doorbell when they drop off the package(s). I am sitting in my office on the other side of the door and often have no idea the package has been delivered. The only way to overcome that is to use "signature required". And I feel your pain. I had a very expensive tenor left outside in the rain because no signature was required. Fortunately the box hadn't soaked through when I looked to see if anything had arrived.
    Last edited by Kenn2018; 12-06-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    The only way to overcome that is to use "signature required".
    The shipper noted when I made the order that all lithium batteries require a signature, but FedEx never tried, just left it at my door.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Quote Originally Posted by kkimura View Post
    Has the seller actually shipped? (As opposed to just creating a "shipping label" with the carrier.) It my be time to recover your money.
    The seller shipped, but he waited eight days after I paid. A poster here said that the dealer was closed for the week of Thanksgiving. He was closed, but he was still accepting payments - just not delivering. If I had known that at the time, I would have bought elsewhere. No more Leonardos' for me! He must have paid for shipping by horseback or pedal car. I ordered ukes from New Zealand and England several days later. The one from NZ arrived yesterday, and the one from England will be here in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I got mine yesterday and it was shipped the 29th. It came FedEx. Interesting though that the FedEx delivery guy came to my back door which is unusual. I have an enclosed porch in the back but no doorbell. It was lucky that I heard him knocking back there. Maybe he was looking for some place to put it where it wouldn't be seen from the street or where the wind wouldn't blow it away. I don't know what he was thinking. All's well that ends well.
    I've occasionally found out that UPS delivered a package by a message in my email. Usually, the dogs start barking when they hear the truck.

I feel your pain... Years of buying online and I still ferociously check tracking number..... the anticipation and excitement that you're about to get a package and no matter what is, it just releases the flood gates of endorphins. haha

Here in Canada we have(had?) a rotating postal strike. It took a while for my Martins to come in. You know it's sitting in the depot in your city but on the tracking page it said delivery delay due to labour strike! all I can say like a TWEEN OMGGGGGGGGGGG haha. But after being delayed a few weeks I finally got my babies but they are my expensive ukes so they just sit in the damn case with a humidifier. Funny how we humans are

Now currently I bought some Nest products- doorbell, indoor and outdoor camera during their blackfriday sale. They haven't processed my darn order yet. Every day it counts down process in t-minus 5,4,3,2,1.. and the next day it counts back up to 5. Whatup with that. It's frustrating because I just had a baby two weeks ago, and I was planning to use the indoor camera as a semi baby monitor . I just wish more retailers were like amazon though. Amazon does not charge your credit card until they actually ship or shipped the item. Where as Nest (google) gladly took my 700 dollars right away as my order sits in limbo. screw you google

sorry off topic.

Thread Information