Slow Delivery

Shipping was USPS Ground, and the dealer paid for shipping. That's the slowest and cheapest way to ship. I receive packages almost every day, and I have never received anything sent that way. I always ship Priority. It costs more, but the item get there in two or three days.

I just looked on the USPS site to estimate shipping. A large 5 lb package sent Priority would cost $23. The same package sent USPS Ground would cost $22.

I recently sold a ukulele, and when I went to the post office to mail it, the nice postal worker educated me on the shipping options. She said she would never send a musical instrument USPS Ground. It's marginally cheaper, but takes longer, and the item is not handled with as much care. She told me that ground shipping can include items up to 75 pounds, and the packages are not sorted very carefully for loading in the trucks. She said you risk a 75 pound package being tossed on top of your ukulele package. She said that the speed of delivery and the extra care in sorting & loading that comes with Priority Mail is well worth the extra price. For my package, the Priority cost was less than $5 over the Ground price. I mailed it Wednesday afternoon & my buyer had it Saturday. It went from Utah to Oregon, so a similar distance to your delivery Jerry.

Last edited:
Shipping was USPS Ground, and the dealer paid for shipping. That's the slowest and cheapest way to ship. I receive packages almost every day, and I have never received anything sent that way. I always ship Priority. It costs more, but the item get there in two or three days.

I just looked on the USPS site to estimate shipping. A large 5 lb package sent Priority would cost $23. The same package sent USPS Ground would cost $22.
I've found that too. The difference between priority and slow boat is almost insignificant.

Top Bottom