Season 355 "a dance to the music of time"

Have not seen this film,but have been familiar with three things from it: A ) This wonderful (when played by musicians) theme slightly wistful and melancholy B) Harry Nillssons "Everybodies Talkin' " song from the film and " I'm walking here ", Dustin Hofman's improvised line when he nearly got run over for real by a for real Noo Yourk cab !!!

It is getting on for 11.00 p.m. here in deepest France, so time to sign off for the night. A big "thank you" to all today's splendid contributors! I think that the Playlist is up to date, but if anyone discovers that they are missing, please let me know a.s.a.p. I will leave you with tonight's "clock joke", from the great Mr. Tim Vine ...

So, I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said, "Analogue?"

I said, "No ... just a watch!"

Have not seen this film,but have been familiar with three things from it: A ) This wonderful (when played by musicians) theme slightly wistful and melancholy B) Harry Nillssons "Everybodies Talkin' " song from the film and " I'm walking here ", Dustin Hofman's improvised line when he nearly got run over for real by a for real Noo Yourk cab !!!

And number 4, it was the first (only?) X rated film to win an Oscar
I also have not seen it.

I've been working on a musical Advent calendar for my granddaughter and just realized how many Christmas carols reference "night" or "morning"!

Tom Waits cover. I added some plugged-in uke, a drum and some piano noodling. Make an "A" and play along!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!! i remember looking through the argos catalogue at watches, and being really shocked that they weren't new. then i realised that "second hand" referred to the sweep second hand on the watch. d is for duh! :uhoh:

i really enjoyed jon and harry's one chord songs, in the previous couple of posts. i thought i'd try and bring a one-chord-er for the season, too

"dream of you" (homemade song)

mentions different times of day - dawn, noon, evening and night

There are a few reasons I use the moniker “The Cloverdale Kid.” The first is it was given to me by a very famous music journalist who I banned from a forum I moderated pretty much every time he posted. He was just surly with everyone...but he wrote a cool story about the forum sheriff and it stuck.
The other is I often make remarkably bad choices. This is the latter and likely a waste of your precious internet allotment (that still amazes me). This is a terrible song that I really don’t want to do...but I have my compulsions. One, no one else is going to touch this with a ten foot pole, and it mentions time of day twice.
So, I will apologize for Mr. Snoop Dog for being a misogynistic pile of excrement, I will forever say this video is his fault because he wrote the damn thing and it just jumped in my head. Once it is there we have few options. Here it comes.
So here we go. Terrible sentiment. Terrible language. I reckon I really did play the hell out of it, but that likely doesn’t matter. I promise I have a better song with Mel coming.
Gin and Juice. Snoop Dog

There are a few reasons I use the moniker “The Cloverdale Kid.” The first is it was given to me by a very famous music journalist who I banned from a forum I moderated pretty much every time he posted. He was just surly with everyone...but he wrote a cool story about the forum sheriff and it stuck.
The other is I often make remarkably bad choices. This is the latter and likely a waste of your precious internet allotment (that still amazes me). This is a terrible song that I really don’t want to do...but I have my compulsions. One, no one else is going to touch this with a ten foot pole, and it mentions time of day twice.
So, I will apologize for Mr. Snoop Dog for being a misogynistic pile of excrement, I will forever say this video is his fault because he wrote the damn thing and it just jumped in my head. Once it is there we have few options. Here it comes.
So here we go. Terrible sentiment. Terrible language. I reckon I really did play the hell out of it, but that likely doesn’t matter. I promise I have a better song with Mel coming.
Gin and Juice. Snoop Dog

As most of you may know by now, I love a good preamble - I’m far more likely to watch/listen to a vid if you can draw me in with a really enticing written introduction - and TCK is a master at this, as demonstrated beautifully here! Can’t say I disagree with his opinion of the song or the artist, but he still made me listen dammit! :D

And good morning from deepest France, where I could be protesting about fuel prices and the rising cost of living (has anyone seen the footage of the "Gilets Jaunes" protesting in Paris on Saturday?), but am, in reality, sitting in the kitchen while it rains outside. Very many thanks to those who brought songs "overnight" ... I'll update the Playlist in a moment. Please keep them coming today!

And P.S. I intend to organise a group viewing of "Midnight Cowboy" ... see CeeJay's post!

Last edited:
And this might be my only contribution to the week, as I'll be far too busy listening to everyone else's songs ... I hope!!!

Warning: This video has diuretic properties!!!!

<font size="4"><span style="color:#ff0000;">

Last edited:
It is getting on for 11.00 p.m. here in deepest France, so time to sign off for the night. A big "thank you" to all today's splendid contributors! I think that the Playlist is up to date, but if anyone discovers that they are missing, please let me know a.s.a.p. I will leave you with tonight's "clock joke", from the great Mr. Tim Vine ...

Ha ha! Will look forward to more watch humour from you Val as the week progresses

"Where will she go, and what shall she do, when midnight comes around?"

By the Velvet Underground, from that album with a banana on the cover.

Here's a Stonewall Jackson song from the early 60's. Always have loved this song, and always found it rather poignant and sad.

Russian songwriting duo Rasputin and Philip the Ghost were two monks
that lived in a monastery near Rostov on the Don. According to Plutarch,
the Don River was also home to the legendary Amazons of Greek mythology.

The beauty of the local women was of great renown and they were a severe
temptation to the monks who were supposed to live a celibate life within the monastery.

The Duo would always manage to escape the confines of the monastery
most nights at 7 o'clock and could been seen in the market square
drunkenly dancing to the strains of their most famous song about
the Russian river Don, called Da Doo Don Don.

Philip to escape the persecution of the orthodox church move to America
and became a record producer and Westernised his famous song and
garnered both fortune and fame by having a hit with the Crystals and Da Doo Ron Ron.

Last edited:
The music Louis Armstrong gave to the world is one of humanity's greatest treasures. In the latter-half of his remarkable career, he chose this as his theme song.

Reelin' & Rockin'

Chuck Berry wrote a lot of songs that involved clock-watching, but this is a number all about dancing and time. Performed using a tenor ukulele tuned to Bb, as all tenor ukuleles should ( ;-) ).

Top Bottom