Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 355 "a dance to the music of time"

Default Season 355 "a dance to the music of time"

Hello, dear fellow “Seasonistas” and welcome to this week’s Season, which, as the title suggests, is all about time. Please bring songs which mention specific times on the clock, or, failing that, a particular time of day … morning, afternoon, evening, night. This Season is not so much about the passing of time (which Randy covered in his Season not so long ago), but much more about events which occur at a particular hour during the course of a day.

All the usual rules apply:-

1. A new recording for the Season.

2. The video must mention that it is for Season 355.

3. Ukulele must be the main instrument, although multi-
    tracking and overdubbing are both OK.

4. Original songs are very welcome, as are collaborations.

5. All videos must be posted to this thread, but not before
    midnight tonight, Hawaiian time.

6. The Season lasts 8 days and ends at midnight, Hawaiian
    time on Sunday, 9th December.

7. PLEASE POST NO MORE THAN THREE VIDEOS FOR
    THE MOMENT!

(I am suffering from end of the month syndrome and the
    new month’s Internet allowance doesn’t start till
    midnight Tuesday (French time), after which, the
    limit might be lifted.)

There WILL be a few prizes! (And, here, I have a horrible confession to make … those winners who were late in sending me their addresses for the last Season I did, have still not received their prizes. I will send them out at the same time as I despatch the prizes for this week's Season.)

Here is an introductory video for the Season (in which I forgot to mention half the stuff you’ve just read) …..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnjwqcP_-Qk&t=3s

And here is a link to a helpful list of songs to get you started ….https://www.songfacts.com/category/s...y-in-the-title

I’ll set up the Playlist when the entries start to come in.

Meanwhile, please remember John’s exceedingly new(ish) and artful Season still has a whole day to run!

PLAYLIST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzh...UsU1upEk-2_DwC
    Last edited by LimousinLil; 12-02-2018 at 02:33 AM.
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

I bet I know what song Wim will play!

Now I just have to figure out which one I'll play.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Quote Originally Posted by uke4ia View Post
    I bet I know what song Wim will play!

Now I just have to figure out which one I'll play.
    you might be right, something containing 11 I guess .
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

great theme! there is a wonderful song i'd love to do but it's one of those impossible-to-sing things..................... of course i may not let that stop me from trying, and utterly mangling it!
    lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

All my knowledge of U2 comes from Wim anyway, so I'll have to wait and see what it is ... and, Lynda, please "mangle" away!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

And it is in Hawaii

It's those complicated chords time once again.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Season 355. Submission 1. "Winter Song" - A Turtledrum Original (Copyright Linda Opyr, 2018)

Val, a few days ago was the birthday of a dear friend who passed a few years back. Back in the day we'd hang out for hours, talking about anything and everything. This song is for her - Terry.

The song refers to dawn and waking in the lyrics.

I play tenor guitar here. Hope this is ok; I know it has been for many Seasons.

Thank you for a terrific theme, Val, and hosting. Wishing you a beautiful week!

Last edited by turtledrum; 12-02-2018 at 01:35 AM.

I should have known pa would have done a brilliant version of this first thing (before I even checked the page -- d'oh!).

Here's my take, not nearly as great as pa's, but I've got two more chances to do something different.

Martin C1K • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Lanikai LU22CFM laminate flame maple concert • Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor • Makala MK-CE concert • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

My gosh ... you've started already!!!! Thanks so much, Brian, Rob, Linda and Rick .... I'll put up the Playlist. It is a miserable, grey, wet day here - listening to your contributions will be a welcome diversion! And, thank you, Linda, for the kind words ... I intend to have FUN!

Thread Information