Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 355 "a dance to the music of time"

Default My Ride's Here - A tribute to Warren Zevon

Not an easy task to come up with a song with a specific time in it, but I thought of this one eventually. I really dig Warren Zevon and the insane energy he had as well his creative/intricate lyrics. Here's my cover of 'My Ride's Here' by the amazing Warren Zevon. The lyric that fits is '3:10 to Yuma'. I was surprised that it ended up sounding a bit like John Mellencamp.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and enjoy my videos Here

And "good morning" from deepest France, where I have overslept for the second day running! Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed overnight ... please keep them coming during today! This is the view from our front window this morning .... not sure the sunshine will last. I will update the Playlist forthwith.

47245414_2077620042260633_7593684762682720256_n - Edited.jpg
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Thanks for hosting this week Val. I still don't fully understand your internet limitations, but I appreciate you taking the time out of your day and internet rations to host this week . This one mentions morning every time the chorus comes around and I extremely grateful to be joined by my dear friends Jon and Joo, who breathed life into this simple little ditty ~

My Internet limitations are simple, Kevin! We pay a vast amount of money for a monthly Internet connection with a limit of 40 Gigabytes (I think?) per month. We are up in the hills in deepest France and the only possible Internet service available to us is by Satellite. (Hopefully, things are going to change in the next couple of years when, owing to the intervention of the Department, we might be able to enjoy the same terrestrial services as those down at ground level, and move into the 21st Century!) Meanwhile, it's painful! Now I am off to listen to your vid!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

They Might Be Giants cover from their brilliantly bonkers 2002 album No! But then, it is aimed at kids, who tend to have brilliantly bonkers minds

And it's bedtime, again! Very many thanks to today's contributors. I leave you with this:-

What's the best time on the clock?

6.30 wins ... hands down!

Another Midnight tune, this time taking place in Moscow:

Greetings,

I have chosen the song Breathe (2AM) by Anna Nalick for this week. It's a pretty song, hope you like it.

Ciao

"There are purple trees, my other mind has seen. So many things this one has not, so many things this one forgot. They never existed or did they? My other mind would know". gsc

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    And it's bedtime, again! Very many thanks to today's contributors. I leave you with this:-

What's the best time on the clock?

6.30 wins ... hands down!

When's the best time to go to the dentist?

2:30!

(Apologies if you've been saving that one for later in the week)
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Thread Information