Season 355 "a dance to the music of time"

Loads of other timey references...I might have mangled it a bit.....
But as I and Mr Jackson were born on the same day
I think he might let me off....please ...pretty please....

I've been hearing the first line of this song in my head for the last few days, but it took me a while to remember which song it was from.

Time: 'bout a quarter to nine. P.M., I assume.

P.S. I have read George Strait's water meters. My only "brush with fame!":D

One for me. The first song ever written by the band at the apex of the British Invasion of the US. No drum part on this one, for my own personal safety.

“If she’s not on the 5:19...”

And one for our lovely host. This one was just sitting there and I can’t believe nobody’s picked it up yet.

“He goes to work at nine...” and “comes home at five thirty...”

On the same train no less

Good morning! And it's interesting to hear about plans to install a clock face on the Leaning Tower of Pisa .... it will have the time AND the inclination!!! Boom! Boom!

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed since I last looked ... the Playlist will be updated forthwith. Please keep them coming today - and if anyone feels like adding his/her own version of "Rock around the Clock" ...

Val, your jokes would do well in christmas crackers.

I'd hoped to get something in this week but my video editor started playing up. It was working but the formatting was all over the place. When I looked into it, it seems there's a problem with the operating system which itself which was impacting the video editor. As of now I have no video editor. I'm still hopeful but it depends if I can get the problem sorted in time as I have a bit of a busy weekend.

I have it recorded but that's it for now.

I think that even a Christmas cracker might consider my jokes this week beneath contempt, Geoff! Do hope you're able to sort out your technical problems. I'll put your vid on the Playlist whenever you're able to bring it.

Ooh, yes, of course you did!!! I'm SO sorry, Robin! In my defence, I can only say that it was an early one, and, looking back over the Playlist, you hadn't put the song title for the title of the vid. No excuse at all, really ... I can only apologise!

SO, WE HAVE HAD THREE VERSIONS ALREADY OF "ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK"; MORE WOULD BE VERY WELCOME!

No worries, I did wonder if it had slipped through the net and missed the playlist.

I don't put the song title in the video title so it is a surprise when the "music" starts what the song is.

And thanks so much to today's contributors! Bedtime in deepest France ... please keep the songs coming!

Oh, and by the way, did you know, there's a competition to find the country's best timepiece ... I've put my clock forward!

I wasn't sure if I'd get a song done this week. This is a Midnight Oil song.

Merle Haggard also covered this. Probably others, too, since everyone looks back to Jimmie Rogers.

Time: between midnight and daybreak.

And good morning from deepest France! Very many thanks to Jim and Alan for their contributions overnight!

Oh, and .... I say, I say, I say: I used to have a friend who kept changing the sound his alarm clock made. I wonder what he's getting up to now.

Yes ... er! Please keep the songs coming today ... the Season isn't over yet. (But, with any luck, the jokes will be, soon!)

I got my computer going properly again courtesy of an updated version of the operating system. It behaves differently in some ways and I've not yet got properly to grips with it.
The updated version of Open Shot, the video editor I have been using then kept crashing but I've finally got it working again but they've changed a load of things so there's a whole new learning curve. The scrolling works differently so I abandoned it for now. This video was eventually done using two different video editors. Still it does the job.

An original about Winter with references to the start and end of the short winter days.

Lyrics
Winter
Geoff Walker

[Dm]Dawn breaking, [C]watery sun
[Dm]Heralds a chilly [C]winter day
[F]Snug in bed, covers [C]over my [G]head
Frost [C]patterns on the [A]window [Dm]pane

Chorus
Some winter days are cold and fair
Some winter days are wild and wet
The trees and fields are stark and bare
In winter there is beauty yet.

Four o'clock dusk drawing in
Trees standing stark against the sky
Dark lowering clouds threaten snow
A winter's day soon passes by.
Chorus

Repeat v1 & Chorus

Oh, dear ... I seem to have "fizzled out"! Only one video today, although a very welcome one from Geoff, not least because it means that he has got his technical problems fixed. I shall flounce off to bed in a huff, so upset that I shan't even bother to leave a horrible joke! (Ah, perhaps that's the reason ... the horrible jokes!)

Oh, and by the way, I saw a billboard today with a picture of a clock on it ... I guess that's a sign of the times!!!!

Top Bottom