Season 355 "a dance to the music of time"

LimousinLil

Reaction score
Hello, dear fellow “Seasonistas” and welcome to this week’s Season, which, as the title suggests, is all about time. Please bring songs which mention specific times on the clock, or, failing that, a particular time of day … morning, afternoon, evening, night. This Season is not so much about the passing of time (which Randy covered in his Season not so long ago), but much more about events which occur at a particular hour during the course of a day.

All the usual rules apply:-

1. A new recording for the Season.

2. The video must mention that it is for Season 355.

3. Ukulele must be the main instrument, although multi-
tracking and overdubbing are both OK.

4. Original songs are very welcome, as are collaborations.

5. All videos must be posted to this thread, but not before
midnight tonight, Hawaiian time.

6. The Season lasts 8 days and ends at midnight, Hawaiian
time on Sunday, 9th December.

7. PLEASE POST NO MORE THAN THREE VIDEOS FOR
THE MOMENT!

(I am suffering from end of the month syndrome and the
new month’s Internet allowance doesn’t start till
midnight Tuesday (French time), after which, the
limit might be lifted.)

There WILL be a few prizes! (And, here, I have a horrible confession to make … those winners who were late in sending me their addresses for the last Season I did, have still not received their prizes. I will send them out at the same time as I despatch the prizes for this week's Season.)

Here is an introductory video for the Season (in which I forgot to mention half the stuff you’ve just read) …..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnjwqcP_-Qk&t=3s

And here is a link to a helpful list of songs to get you started ….https://www.songfacts.com/category/songs-with-times-of-day-in-the-title

I’ll set up the Playlist when the entries start to come in.

Meanwhile, please remember John’s exceedingly new(ish) and artful Season still has a whole day to run!

PLAYLIST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzhk_ikLgk&list=PLHFDjTj2zZYxiFFtbaKUsU1upEk-2_DwC

Last edited:
I bet I know what song Wim will play!

Now I just have to figure out which one I'll play. :confused:

great theme! there is a wonderful song i'd love to do but it's one of those impossible-to-sing things..................... of course i may not let that stop me from trying, and utterly mangling it! :uhoh:

Season 355. Submission 1. "Winter Song" - A Turtledrum Original (Copyright Linda Opyr, 2018)

Val, a few days ago was the birthday of a dear friend who passed a few years back. Back in the day we'd hang out for hours, talking about anything and everything. This song is for her - Terry.

The song refers to dawn and waking in the lyrics.

I play tenor guitar here. Hope this is ok; I know it has been for many Seasons.

Thank you for a terrific theme, Val, and hosting. Wishing you a beautiful week! :)

Last edited:
I should have known pa would have done a brilliant version of this first thing (before I even checked the page -- d'oh!).

Here's my take, not nearly as great as pa's, but I've got two more chances to do something different.

My gosh ... you've started already!!!! Thanks so much, Brian, Rob, Linda and Rick .... I'll put up the Playlist. It is a miserable, grey, wet day here - listening to your contributions will be a welcome diversion! And, thank you, Linda, for the kind words ... I intend to have FUN!

Here's a John Anderson song I really like from the early 80's. I think it fits the theme well, and 12:05 is indeed a very specific time. This is a dark story song, but the overriding message of it is karma.

My camera crashed and didn't save the video, so audio only this time. I had first picked this song out for some other recent season but didn't use it. Time of day: almost dawn.

I know that it is cheating, I recorded this before - more then two years ago for Season 226. But it is one of my favorite songs, so I couldn't help myself :)

I was hoping I could manage to learn a time song from this millennium, so do two seasons in one song, but the song I found chords for was too difficult. So I fell back on this song, sorry for missing a season.

Dancing like mad at two forty-five in the morning!

Ahoy hoy and hello.
I have been waiting for a chance to do another Snoop cover - here is the classic 'Gin & Juice' from the album Doggystyle where Snoop mentions not one but two specific times of day (2am and 6am).

Top Bottom