Season 355 "a dance to the music of time"

Big Iron by Marty Robbins

Don't know how I recalled the line "it was twenty past eleven when they walked out in the street", but I do believe that qualifies...

;-)

"Be there 2 o'clock by the fountain down the road..."

Here's a John Prine song I've always liked a lot, very quick work up here, my 2nd take at it, but I like how it came out.

An underrated Joe Cocker song. The great Texas blues belter Lou Ann Barton did the definitive version, as far as I'm concerned.

It's in D, with a lot of G and the occasional F transition, if you want to play along!

Strangers in the night (ukulele cover)

I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me.

FOR SALE: Clock with half a face - for a limited time only!

And thank you to everyone who posted a song today ... please keep them coming! Don't forget that if you want to bring your own unexpurgated version of "Rock Around the Clock", it will be most welcome.

Goodnight!

Oh ... and STOP PRESS (again!)

We have now had two versions of "Rock Around the Clock" - one from Trent and one from Paul. I now declare "Rock Around the Clock" to be this week's signature song ... if you feel like bringing another version, then please join in!

Thank you and good night!

Didn't I do it as well?
Probably not as well as them, it was probably worse but you know what I mean.

Something a little obscure. This one has been kicking around on my ipod for a while, and I’ve never really listened to it. Not for those with some insecurities methinks.

Didn't I do it as well?
Probably not as well as them, it was probably worse but you know what I mean.

Ooh, yes, of course you did!!! I'm SO sorry, Robin! In my defence, I can only say that it was an early one, and, looking back over the Playlist, you hadn't put the song title for the title of the vid. No excuse at all, really ... I can only apologise!

SO, WE HAVE HAD THREE VERSIONS ALREADY OF "ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK"; MORE WOULD BE VERY WELCOME!

And, I say, I say, I say ... I went to a party dressed as an alarm clock. I got really irritated ... everyone kept winding me up!

Ta da! And good morning from deepest France. A big thank you again to those who posted "overnight". Please keep them coming today. I shall update the Playlist forthwith!

I didn't think I was going to get time to write and record another song, but I am reading a book called "Sapiens (A Brief History of Humankind)" by Yuval Noah Harari. It has been a very interesting read with the author challenging many of my most cherished beliefs about our species. Anyway, he mentions that perhaps the most significant date in our history is the day we acquired the destructive power to wipe out life on earth, i.e. the day the first atomic bomb was exploded. The time he gave was so precise that my brain started working overtime. It seemed an opportunity too great to miss to come up with a song for this week that was based on such an exact (to the second) time.

Now I knew the background to the Nuclear Test at Alamogordo, and the subsequent bombing of Japan, thanks to a play I had once been in about Claude Etherley, the pilot of "Straight Flush" the reconnaissance aircraft that stated there was too much cloud over the original target (Kobi, if memory serves) and that one of the secondary targets (Hiroshima) was clear, so photos and film of the bomb could be made. Anyway, with all that in mind, I came up with this song between yesterday and this morning.

I hope you like:

At five to the sauna and at six to the drunk tank... A Finnish song "Työmiehen lauantai" (Workman's Saturday) by Irwin Goodman and Emil Retee from the year 1965, when Finland still had the six-day work week.

I say, I say, I say .... What do you call a story that one clock tells to another? Second hand information!

Thanks so much to today's contributors! Where has everybody gone? Is it my awful jokes?

Please bring more songs "overnight" ... I'll look forward to seeing them in the morning.

An attempt at the week's signature song.......That blasted Clock that has stones all round it .
..or is it Blackpewl Rock...........lol.

Top Bottom