Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: NUD Loprinzi Concert Honduran Hog Expresso

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    58

    Default NUD Loprinzi Concert Honduran Hog Expresso

    I just pulled the trigger on what will be my last ukulele purchase- a a Loprinzi Concert Mahogany Expresso with Peg Head Tuners. I emphasize this is the last one. Mike McQueen at UKE Republic brought it back from Tampa UKE Festival a few weeks ago. You can see a pic of it on his website. Iím looking forward to the arrival of this little fellow. It should arrive Wednesday or Thursday of next week

    Mike and Donna are two of the nicest folks youíll ever meet. They have been very supportive of our efforts in starting a ukulele band for special needs children
    If anyone has experience with a Loprinzi concert, I would love to hear from you
    Tom
    TomtheBaptist

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomthebaptist View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on what will be my last ukulele purchase- a a Loprinzi Concert Mahogany Expresso with Peg Head Tuners. I emphasize this is the last one. Mike McQueen at UKE Republic brought it back from Tampa UKE Festival a few weeks ago. You can see a pic of it on his website. I’m looking forward to the arrival of this little fellow. It should arrive Wednesday or Thursday of next week

    Mike and Donna are two of the nicest folks you’ll ever meet. They have been very supportive of our efforts in starting a ukulele band for special needs children
    If anyone has experience with a Loprinzi concert, I would love to hear from you
    Tom
    Contrats - sounds like a nice purchase. BUT, I don't believe any of that "....this is the last one" talk for a minute!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    5,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    Contrats - sounds like a nice purchase. BUT, I don't believe any of that "....this is the last one" talk for a minute!
    Yup.....sorry Tom but that there is the guaranteed kiss of death to any "last uke" notions. You just jinxed yourself.

    Congratulations I don't have a concert but my all mahogany super soprano has the sweetest sound around
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I think Donna likes to make monochromatic Uke themes. In this case espresso color. I have a spruce top maple concert that has a tobacco stain. it all looks the same color She said she made it just for fun. It's not in her regular production line. That makes the uke even more special. I was curious why you chose that one as opposed to the regular mahogany. I think the espresso mahogany looks very elegant if not dignified. I love the tone of mahogany, so rich. My uke has very precise note separation. I would probably prefer mahogany but I wanted to try that combination of wood. It's such an easy instrument to play. And it's a joy to look at its clean, and well-crafted. Everything about it received precise attention to detail. And yes Donna is lovely to work with. Congratulations.

    Now when it comes to declarations. I just say I'm on a ukulele diet. That doesn't prevent me from flirting with other ukuleles. But yours "might be the last time, it may be the last time, I don't know."
    KoAlana Sapele Concert -- now known as the KoAloha Opio
    Mainland Mahogany Concert - my knockabout jam ukulele
    Mahalo Pineapple Soprano -- the one that started it all
    Kala Travel Soprano -- tiny profile with BIG sound
    Blue Frog Maple Soprano - Beautiful sonorous sound cannon

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Hi Ruby, I chose this one primarily because it is mahogany and has Peghead tuners. I have my Kanile’a concert tuned with low G. This one will be tuned with high G.
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by rubykey View Post
    I think Donna likes to make monochromatic Uke themes. In this case espresso color. I have a spruce top maple concert that has a tobacco stain. it all looks the same color She said she made it just for fun. It's not in her regular production line. That makes the uke even more special. I was curious why you chose that one as opposed to the regular mahogany. I think the espresso mahogany looks very elegant if not dignified. I love the tone of mahogany, so rich. My uke has very precise note separation. I would probably prefer mahogany but I wanted to try that combination of wood. It's such an easy instrument to play. And it's a joy to look at its clean, and well-crafted. Everything about it received precise attention to detail. And yes Donna is lovely to work with. Congratulations.

    Now when it comes to declarations. I just say I'm on a ukulele diet. That doesn't prevent me from flirting with other ukuleles. But yours "might be the last time, it may be the last time, I don't know."
    TomtheBaptist

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rotonda West, FL
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    congrats, my lopr soprano is one of my most fav, never, ever sell ukes. Enjoy your new uke!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    973

    Default

    I bought a Loprinzi Nova Concert from Ukerepublic last year. It has Bear claw Sitka top with mahogany back and sides. It is one of my favorites. Loprinzi Concert size is smaller compares to my other concert ukes. It is very light and the neck profile is thinner, more a D than an U. Mine has bell like sounds and it is just a delight to play.
    Here is a link to the video I posted on UU a few months back.
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...i-Nova-Concert

    Congratulations on a great uke.
    Last edited by Lapyang; 12-03-2018 at 06:30 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapyang View Post
    I bought a Loprinzi Nova Concert from Ukerepublic last year. It has Bear claw Sitka top with mahogany back and sides. It is one of my favorites. Loprinzi Concert size is smaller compares to my other concert ukes. It is very light and the neck profile is thinner, more a D than an U. Mine has bell like sounds and it is just a delight to play.
    Here is a link to the video I posted on UU a few months back.
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...i-Nova-Concert

    Congratulations on a great uke.
    Very nice job. Thanks for sharing video.
    TomtheBaptist

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    Congrats on your incoming LoPrinzi. They are wonderful instruments. I've owned and sold lots of ukes and try not to regret those I let go because they paved the path for me to experience others. However, if I were to make a shortlist of those I would like back if I could, the LoPrinzi longneck soprano 3K I had would be on that list. It was particularly sweet in tone and gorgeous to look at.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

    Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.óVoltaire

    Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •