NUD Loprinzi Concert Honduran Hog Expresso

Tomthebaptist

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on what will be my last ukulele purchase- a a Loprinzi Concert Mahogany Expresso with Peg Head Tuners. I emphasize this is the last one. Mike McQueen at UKE Republic brought it back from Tampa UKE Festival a few weeks ago. You can see a pic of it on his website. I’m looking forward to the arrival of this little fellow. It should arrive Wednesday or Thursday of next week

Mike and Donna are two of the nicest folks you’ll ever meet. They have been very supportive of our efforts in starting a ukulele band for special needs children
If anyone has experience with a Loprinzi concert, I would love to hear from you
Tom

I just pulled the trigger on what will be my last ukulele purchase- a a Loprinzi Concert Mahogany Expresso with Peg Head Tuners. I emphasize this is the last one. Mike McQueen at UKE Republic brought it back from Tampa UKE Festival a few weeks ago. You can see a pic of it on his website. I’m looking forward to the arrival of this little fellow. It should arrive Wednesday or Thursday of next week

Mike and Donna are two of the nicest folks you’ll ever meet. They have been very supportive of our efforts in starting a ukulele band for special needs children
If anyone has experience with a Loprinzi concert, I would love to hear from you
Tom

Contrats - sounds like a nice purchase. BUT, I don't believe any of that "....this is the last one" talk for a minute!

Contrats - sounds like a nice purchase. BUT, I don't believe any of that "....this is the last one" talk for a minute!

Yup.....sorry Tom but that there is the guaranteed kiss of death to any "last uke" notions. You just jinxed yourself.

Congratulations I don't have a concert but my all mahogany super soprano has the sweetest sound around

I think Donna likes to make monochromatic Uke themes. In this case espresso color. I have a spruce top maple concert that has a tobacco stain. it all looks the same color She said she made it just for fun. It's not in her regular production line. That makes the uke even more special. I was curious why you chose that one as opposed to the regular mahogany. I think the espresso mahogany looks very elegant if not dignified. I love the tone of mahogany, so rich. My uke has very precise note separation. I would probably prefer mahogany but I wanted to try that combination of wood. It's such an easy instrument to play. And it's a joy to look at its clean, and well-crafted. Everything about it received precise attention to detail. And yes Donna is lovely to work with. Congratulations.

Now when it comes to declarations. I just say I'm on a ukulele diet. That doesn't prevent me from flirting with other ukuleles. But yours "might be the last time, it may be the last time, I don't know."

Hi Ruby, I chose this one primarily because it is mahogany and has Peghead tuners. I have my Kanile’a concert tuned with low G. This one will be tuned with high G.
Tom
I think Donna likes to make monochromatic Uke themes. In this case espresso color. I have a spruce top maple concert that has a tobacco stain. it all looks the same color She said she made it just for fun. It's not in her regular production line. That makes the uke even more special. I was curious why you chose that one as opposed to the regular mahogany. I think the espresso mahogany looks very elegant if not dignified. I love the tone of mahogany, so rich. My uke has very precise note separation. I would probably prefer mahogany but I wanted to try that combination of wood. It's such an easy instrument to play. And it's a joy to look at its clean, and well-crafted. Everything about it received precise attention to detail. And yes Donna is lovely to work with. Congratulations.

Now when it comes to declarations. I just say I'm on a ukulele diet. That doesn't prevent me from flirting with other ukuleles. But yours "might be the last time, it may be the last time, I don't know."

I bought a Loprinzi Nova Concert from Ukerepublic last year. It has Bear claw Sitka top with mahogany back and sides. It is one of my favorites. Loprinzi Concert size is smaller compares to my other concert ukes. It is very light and the neck profile is thinner, more a D than an U. Mine has bell like sounds and it is just a delight to play.
Here is a link to the video I posted on UU a few months back.
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?134159-Sor-Op-31-No-1-on-a-LoPrinzi-Nova-Concert

Congratulations on a great uke.

Last edited:
I bought a Loprinzi Nova Concert from Ukerepublic last year. It has Bear claw Sitka top with mahogany back and sides. It is one of my favorites. Loprinzi Concert size is smaller compares to my other concert ukes. It is very light and the neck profile is thinner, more a D than an U. Mine has bell like sounds and it is just a delight to play.
Here is a link to the video I posted on UU a few months back.
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?134159-Sor-Op-31-No-1-on-a-LoPrinzi-Nova-Concert

Congratulations on a great uke.

Very nice job. Thanks for sharing video.

Congrats on your incoming LoPrinzi. They are wonderful instruments. I've owned and sold lots of ukes and try not to regret those I let go because they paved the path for me to experience others. However, if I were to make a shortlist of those I would like back if I could, the LoPrinzi longneck soprano 3K I had would be on that list. It was particularly sweet in tone and gorgeous to look at.

Top Bottom