Help with Music on a Tablet

Get a 15" laptop 2-in-1, load Mobile Sheets for Windoze and turn it sideways - giant 15" tablet - also takes a usb page turning pedal. Don't need a fast processor so find a cheap pc.

I don't know of an automated way to extract individual songs from a multi-song PDF book. If I need to pull a song out of a book, I'll open the file in Adobe Reader on my PC and print the page(s) to a PDF converter like PrimoPDF, DoPDF or CutePDF Writer. (If none of that made sense, Google is your friend)

A couple hints:

Install Amazon's "Send to Kindle" software on your PC.

You can use the tablet's camera to snap a photo of sheet music, and load that into MobileSheets (it takes JPG as well as PDF files).

Thanks for those last two comments. Good to know.

I do about the same thing to convert to PDF. My Epson V600 scanner scans to PDF, and WordPerfect will also produce a PDF.

Jerry,

The only thing that makes me wonder about this thread is knowing your nature to acquire good things...

From what I've read, the Kindle 10" is good technology, and for $143, I expect it to suit my needs. I've been using books and paper for years, so if it doesn't work out, I'll continue with paper. I can justify another $1,000 uke, but not a $1,000 tablet.

I don't know of an automated way to extract individual songs from a multi-song PDF book. If I need to pull a song out of a book, I'll open the file in Adobe Reader on my PC and print the page(s) to a PDF converter like PrimoPDF, DoPDF or CutePDF Writer. (If none of that made sense, Google is your friend)

More advanced music apps also have auto scrolling, key transposing, chord lookup, editing, and much more included. A different kind of pdf management is "Fakebook Pro" that creates indices of multiple pdf books and also lets you transpose the chords to different keys. The pro version also has access to importing many fake- and realbooks with literally 1000s of songs - not only jazz but across genres.

To add
Scanner pro (iphone app) will photo scan a document, de skew it and save as PDF so is an easy way to get paper music into forescore.
Also PDF split will split multi page docements into individual pages. You will however need to rename each pGe to something useful.
H

I have the 10" Kindle, Mobilesheets, and several ways to convert to PDF. Now I just have to find the time to work on it.

Thanks for all your help!

Top Bottom