Two and Three Finger Chords

johnnysmash

Reaction score
On ukulele are two and three finger chords the result of re-entrant tuning? Or, are they just more finger friendly? How does the music sound if these are the only type chords used in a song? Are they better for strumming or finger style? I am thinking that maybe one playing only two and three finger chords are also only playing two or three notes at the most at any one given time. Please explain because I am lost on this subject. Thank you, johnnysmash

I find these questions puzzling, Johnny. I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Question One: No - you can play the same chords, with the same finger positions on a uke tuned with a low 'G'. I think this should be obvious.

Question Two: Beginners find it easier to play the "C" chord 0003. It can be played 5433. With practice, you will find that almost all chords on the ukulele are finger friendly - no more than four notes at a time. If a chord would normally require more than four notes, we have to decide which to leave out.

Question Three: You can answer this yourself. Play something simple in the key of "C".

Question Four: I'll let someone else have a go at answering this.

Point five is not posed as a question, but if you consider the notes you are playing for any given chord, you can reach your own conclusion.

Give these points some consideration and I'm sure things will become a lot clearer. It ain't (as they say) rocket surgery!

John Colter

On ukulele are two and three finger chords the result of re-entrant tuning? Or, are they just more finger friendly? How does the music sound if these are the only type chords used in a song? Are they better for strumming or finger style? I am thinking that maybe one playing only two and three finger chords are also only playing two or three notes at the most at any one given time. Please explain because I am lost on this subject. Thank you, johnnysmash

I am puzzled as well. This is the guitar forum but you are asking about ukulele chords and reentrant tuning. Are you wondering how this related to the guitar.

No. I meant to post this in Uke Talk but put it here by mistake. I did not know how to move it. I am talking about ukuleles and how his relates to ukuleles. Nothing to do with guitars.

Some, yes. However, even tho I can figure it out myself as to how something sounds or is it good to do, consider that I am still looking for the opinion of the other person. That way I can see how my thinking runs as compared to theirs.

Sorry, Johnny, I don't think can be of any further assistance.

Best wishes,

John Colter.

Top Bottom