Imposter Syndrome

Timbuck

Reaction score
On the news today there is an artical about Michelle Obama suffering with "Imposter Syndrome" :uhoh: Not knowing what it was ? I looked it up and took a test ...And it looks like that is what I've got as well :D...It explains a lot why I feel "Not Worthy" of nice compliments about my work.

Last edited:
Apparently its very very common too.

I loved your Appollo's lyre feedback by the way Ken. It made my mundane ebay feedback to you feel quite pathetic and unworthy actually :D
Your work really is quite something Ken. I completely understand why Baz gushed the way he did, and the difficulty one may have in accepting such praise too.

.......It explains a lot why I feel "Not Worthy" of nice compliments about my work.

If you would send me one of your instruments I will evaluate whether you are truly afflicted with this syndrome. Because of my great compassion, I will not charge you for my service.

:rolleyes:

One thing about the Martin Os I know from my own very limited experience is that there's nowhere to hide imperfect joins in the basic construction. No binding, no tail graft, no fingerboard to cover the rosette join. Your ukes look perfect.

Ken comes from a lifetime in a working environment where perfection is the norm. Anything less counts as failure. In his retirement, he has transferred this ethos from metalwork to the very different medium of wood. Long may he enjoy it! The results are wonderful.

Sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable, Ken, but you are doing a grand job and it is widely appreciated.

John Colter

ps. I took that test, and the result showed that I have an inflated perception of my own abilities and worthiness. It takes all sorts....................

Top Bottom