NUD: Grimes redwood/ziricote tenor

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I have been wanting a Grimes for quite some time and even had some wood with Steve waiting to be built. He built a uke for the recent UGH show that was pretty close to what we planned and I could not resist any longer even though timing was not great for me.

Steve is highly regarded for the amazing tone of his instruments and deservedly so. What I find even more unique, is the unsurpassed playability. His neck profile, string spacing and low action without sacrificing projection, place his instruments on a pedestal of their own in terms of playability.

And this is not unique to this particular instrument. I had the pleasure of extended playing time with two other recent Grimes and was blown away. So I am especially happy to provide this one with a loving home. :cool:

Lovely looking wood combo. Really attractive grains! Hope it sounds as great as it looks! Congrats, and play it in good health!

bratsche

Bravo Eddie, you're really scaling the summit of ukuleldom. That is spectacular in every aspect, congratulations

Congratulations Eddie. Gorgeous! I recall Steve telling me that redwood was generally what he preferred for a warm tenor.

Congrats! Eddie. I had a chance to play this in Hawaii and it was fantastic!!

Sweet! In the very unlikely event that your attention ever drifts away from the tone, you can just stare at the perfect miters in the purfling! :)

How nice Eddie, a beaut.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I don't often reply on NUD posts, but there's only one word for that, "Wow!"

Wow Eddie! Congratulations, it’s gorgeous!

Absolutely gorgeous! I love a solid Redwood top. Bet it sounds incredible! :shaka:

Wow Eddie, what a huge surprise, just when I thought your appetite for new ukes was slowing down you go ahead with one of the most striking instruments I have ever seen! Congratulations, I wish you many hours enjoyment with it!

Top Bottom