Post your own best performance of 2018

I dunno...this got one comment from some kook who said they could not hear it but would love to learn it...could I write the chords? And more views than anything else, so I guess I did an OK job. Low hanging fruit for what I do really.

Well besides this...but I reckon everyone expected this and was happy to listen to it.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this was my best this year (and I’m sure like many here I am my own worst critic), but it’s the one I’m most proud of because I had to figure it out on my own. The song is too new to be able to find the chords somewhere else.

Not a difficult song I know, but still. Also, all my videos were private until earlier this year, and when I switched most of them to public YT reset the upload date and everything is mixed together, which makes it harder to figure out what went up when, given that I wasn’t always great about making the season # obvious.

I didn't really spend any time editing the video on this but it had some serendipitous alignments with the lyrics.It's a beaut song too.

I have so little confidence in my singing and playing that I'm not sure that any should qualify as "best." I had a lot of fun with this one, though!

Del, what a fine idea you've had! Thanks so much for taking the time for this project.

I'm going to offer this beautiful Neil Young song: "Till The Morning Comes" (Written and recorded by Neil Young, 1970).

This was a submission of mine for Geoff's Season 331 ("It's folk Jim but not as we know it") back in June.

It's a collaboration I did with a friend Elisa from France that I've met on the Tube:

vocal, guitar - Elisa
vocal, tenor uke - Turtledrum

When I started this thread I overlooked one small detail - I’d also have to choose one of my own! Almost impossible! As Jon said earlier in the thread, it’s almost akin to choosing your favourite child! So I’ve agonised over this for a couple of weeks - not because I’m deluded enough to think that my playing and singing is any good, simply because wherever possible I only play songs that I love or that mean something special to me. And I’ve absolutely loved covering songs written by some of you - there is some serious songwriting talent on this forum and I could have chosen any of the seasonista covers I’ve attempted. In the end I plumped for this one - particularly special as it was one of the songs submitted for my first ever week of hosting. It’s Joo’s wonderful ‘The Light Man Song’.

Thanks so much to all that have contributed so far - this is just a gentle nudge/plea to those that are still deliberating/procrastinating to post theirs, preferably by the end of the year. I won’t specify an official closing date and I’ll keep adding vids to the playlist as and when, but it would be good to get them all in pretty soonish if poss please? And to anyone that’s already posted something and changes their choice, please edit your post and let me know by pm so that I can amend the playlist accordingly. Thank you all. :)

Great idea Del! Thanks for putting this thread together and managing the playlist. I don't know how many vid's i did this year, but I have really enjoyed participating, collaborating, and listening to so many great entries by others here as well! As has been mentioned more than once, it is really difficult to choose just one. This is one that I really felt good about when I did it, and it has always been a good listen when I happen to stumble across it by accident while listening on Youtube.

Hi guys. Re-listening to some of the tunes I recorded this autumn, there are a few which were benchmarks for me personally. Autumn leaves was difficult to play and demanded a lot of practice, In the Darkest Night from the Elvis and Nick season was difficult to convert to uke and to sing so still really proud of that one too, but the one I have decided to go for here is my Halloween original as it was the first original song I had made for 20 years and I felt that everything came together for that one producion wise as well, so here it is again: That Night a Year.

I've only posted a couple of things on the Seasons. Of those, this one's my favorite. Thanks!

Thanks all so much for your contributions - anyone who hasn’t posted here yet is still very welcome to!
Here’s another link to the playlist:

PLAYLIST

:)

Ahoy
According to youtube then this is my best performance of the year.
The Wu channel re-uploaded my hip-hop cover and it has benn seen 27k times...
I would not have minded had they shared the song instead of re-uploading but I am singing their song and I am amazingly glad that my version has been deemed good enough to share on their page :D

Last edited:
That is very generous of them and a high compliment Caz. They could have been like so many artists are and block your version. I think its great, and apparently so does 1.7K other people! :rock:

Ahoy Caz,
huge congratulations brother,
and massive props for getting those lyrics out.
Totally loved it mate.

R E S P E C T C A Z! We are proud to be part of your clan!

Top Bottom