Post your own best performance of 2018

DelGriff

A very boring man!
Reaction score
As a relative newbie here (not sure for how much longer I can keep saying that!) I don’t know if this has been done before, but I thought it might be interesting for us all to select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we each did this year of which we are the most proud. Could make for a wonderful collection of top-notch performances.

So, just to be clear, it’s one vid each of your own favourite vid/performance BY YOU. There’ll be no judging or anything like that (this isn’t a season after all), but I will compile a playlist. Post whenever you like before the end of the year.

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
I peaked early with this. It's a long one though.

i've done over 300 vids this year :uhoh: obviously not all uke vids, some are cbg or one-string-thing vids, but i can still safely say, i can't remember them all! so i thought i'd see which uke vid from this year has got the most views, it's this one (below), and given it was far from an easy song to do, it took quite a bit of work to get the hang of, and i'm still happy with how i did it, i'll go with this viewers' choice!

interestingly, like ryan's vid, this is from march too - from season 319, spring soul, hosted by ohmless

Just saw this, Del ... interesting! I don't DO best performances, but I did particularly enjoy doing this one ....

Crikey, what a question. As you know, I have done rather a lot of videos this year. Not sure about the best, but this one stands out as a memory for me - sitting in a field, on a hot day, with the birds singing in the background (and a farmer shutting a metal gate in the last verse :mad:).

Going back through my vids, I'm glad they were all set to 'unlisted'. Very hard to listen to them twice. One of the things I really noticed was how I speed up through a song, and this one is no exception. I'm not going to say it's my best, but it's one of my least-worst.

Mine was definitely this one. But it has the advantage that I'd been practicing this song for decades before I made a video.

Good response so far to this thread - thanks all for posting. I'll probably hold back for a week or so with my vid - I always optimistically hope that my next song will be my best - sadly it rarely turns out that way!

I'll set up a playlist later today and put a link in my first post.

And if anyone who has already posted does something even better by the end of the month/year just edit your post accordingly and let me know so I can edit the playlist.

Keep 'em coming! :)

I think I will go with this one, took a year of practice.

I wrote this song and originally posted it during my change of seasons week.

I "tweaked" the lyrics and recently re-recorded it.

MoonShadow - Weeks 339 and 341

This was another ukulele/melodica one I did. I did it originally for Week 339 - Let There Be Light. It originally didn't have the melodica for the melody, but I liked it anyway. Then for Week 341 - L'esprit de l'escalier, I was able to take it and add the melodica part that I felt it needed. I was quite happy with the result. This usually happens with most of the recordings I do now. The one submitted to the seasons is more of a demo and then I work on it off and on until I'm satisfied with the mix and then I can leave it alone.

Great idea for this post, I'm enjoying watching what each seasonista feels is their best.

I like this one. I was doing some up-the-fretboard playing, which is unusual for me, and now I can't remember how I did it. I guess I need to figure it out again. This wasn't for a Season. It was for a facebook group.

This one was well appreciated by Mountain Goat.... and that's good enough for me (as it says in the lyrics)

I like this one the best. I learned it for Andy's "Nick and Elvis" season and it kind of broke my heart. It is far from perfect, but I discovered a lot in doing this one.

There are songs that you almost pass on and this was one of those. In fact, I gave it to pa and went on to something else. After his terrific post of it, I decided with his encouragement to give it a go and I'm glad I did. There are other songs I did that got high praise from all of you but for some reason, this is the song that I liked better than all the rest.

Me playing Ukulele and my granddaughter Elli singing. Video was taken from the top
of Mountain Troll Tower near Nastola. It is a tower built by an old farmer, and it is
just a crazy but of architecture that is exciting to climb. I have a strange admiration
for people who build Heath Robinson structures and get them to stand without falling over.

So hard to choose just one, it came down to between this one and my countrified version of Marc Bolan's "Ride a white swan" since people really liked it, and I won that week, and have an awesome T-shirt from Lynda to show for it. But I went with this song because I do not wrote many songs, and I am kinda proud I was able to come up with this, and it got a good response from the faithful here.

Top Bottom