FS: KoAloha Scepter Concert KCS-07 - $985

Jerryc41

Reaction score
FS: KoAloha Scepter Concert KCS-07 - $960

PRICE REDUCTION A member pointed out small scratches on the back that I had never noticed. I am trying to delete the original picture of the back I posted and post another one showing the scratches, but the site isn't cooperating. I've reduced the price by $25.
-----------------------------------------

This uke is amazing. The first time I saw a picture of a Scepter, I thought it was a one-off made for display. Then I learned that Papa KoAloha himself makes them, and they are semi-regular production items. When I had the chance to buy one, I didn’t hesitate. Then I bought two more.

It not only looks and feels beautiful, but it sounds fantastic, with great volume and sustain. Judging by the white tuners, I’m guessing this one dates from about 2007. It’s in beautiful condition, but if you look closely, you’ll see a tiny dent, which is shown in the pictures.

No one needs three Scepters, so I’m offering this one to a new owner for $985, plus shipping.

Pay with PayPal, and it will go out within one business day.

Larger pictures can be found here -

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FWeUzCkFxeaUL1hs5

S001.jpg S01.jpg S02.jpg S03.jpg S05.jpg

Last edited:
That's a real looker Jerry. Wish it was a tenor. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it will sell quickly.

Tuners & fret board look exactly like my 2006 concert, so 2006-2007 is right on. I’m so tempted, but I already have my KoAloha concert that I adore. Plus I already spent my Christmas allowance on a Moon Bird. But.......I’m still tempted.

Jerry,
Gotta ask, if I may: what possessed your purchase of THREE identical Scepters...?

No shaming here (I've justified a lot of purchases, LOL), but I can't wrap my head around this one...

I know you have lots of ukes. Perhaps you are actually buying and selling to make a little money?

Jerry,
Gotta ask, if I may: what possessed your purchase of THREE identical Scepters...?

No shaming here (I've justified a lot of purchases, LOL), but I can't wrap my head around this one...

I know you have lots of ukes. Perhaps you are actually buying and selling to make a little money?

I personally can't imagine someone who owns around fifty ukes, buying and selling to make " a little money" If I was Jerry I would think your remark a " Little crass".

Jerry,

I saw one for sale, and I jumped on the chance to buy it. Then I saw another one for sale. It was slightly different - not better, just different. Then KoAloha was selling several Scepter prototypes, and I got #4, the last experiment before Papa settled on a design. I'll keep the prototype and the one regular model.

Last week I had fifty-five ukuleles. I have since sold two and possibly four. I have several others in mind to sell. As for selling to make money. I wish! I have sold about twenty ukes over the past year, and none of the buyers would have been willing to pay above list price. Maybe if I had bought them all used at bargain prices, I could have made a profit, but who's going to sell a good uke cheap?

I am attracted to ukes that are different, whether cheap or not cheap. Eventually, I might sell one if someone is looking for that particular make and model, or if I decide I don't like it as much as I used to. I play them all regularly, and I always bring a different one when I go to a group. Yesterday, I brought my beautiful new Southern Cross Fantail to two different group, and everyone loved the looks and the sound. Several people have bought ukes like mine when they saw them, so I am helping then industry. :)

I personally can't imagine someone who owns around fifty ukes, buying and selling to make " a little money" If I was Jerry I would think your remark a " Little crass".

Oh dear, there I goes my Aspy nature again.
I want Jerry to know I meant nothing critical or personal.

I really was only trying to imagine how someone would buy three. Being it is a special and rare instrument, I had NO idea it was possible to own three different kinds of Scepters... and I thank Jerry for kindly explaining same.

I also saw nothing wrong with buying under market and selling at used market price... after all, the market won't pay for what they don't want.

Perhaps I was nosy - if too much so, I'd hope he would both ignore and forgive me...

Thanks to both Jerry and Dennis for your contributions to the uke community.

Last edited:

I really was only trying to imagine how someone would buy three. Being it is a special and rare instrument, I had NO idea it was possible to own three different kinds of Scepters... and I thank Jerry for kindly explaining same.

I also saw nothing wrong with buying under market and selling at used market price... after all, the market won't pay for what they don't want.

Perhaps I was nosy - if too much so, I'd hope he would both ignore and forgive me...

Thanks to both Jerry and Dennis for your contributions to the uke community.

No worries.

I understand completely Jerry. Though I have just started my journey into playing ukuleles. Each and every one I have has a unique sound and feel to it.

It's quite an interesting and a marvelous learning experience.

Wow. 1000$ each avg is 53,000! That is a fortune

If only that were the case, I could sell them and buy a great car. About seven were homemade, a couple were oldies given to me, and quite a few were under $200. I don't buy according to "prestige" or future value. If something catches my eye, I'll buy it. I recently got a small Record King banjo uke for under the $200 list price. I'll do a NUD sometime today. My total is nowhere near $53k. :)

One thing I appreciate about this forum is the politeness of the members, something I don't see on other forums. People are quick top apologize even when there was no offense intended.

No offense taken.

Jerry
I own 80 Ukes right now, just bought another one yesterday, looking at another Tenor this weekend. YES I play most of the girls, always at gigs I take two as some songs sound better on one than another. I understand how you feel & live. Hey-I just LOVE playing this thing every day

Jerry
I own 80 Ukes right now, just bought another one yesterday, looking at another Tenor this weekend. YES I play most of the girls, always at gigs I take two as some songs sound better on one than another. I understand how you feel & live. Hey-I just LOVE playing this thing every day

Perep,
Have sent you a PM. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!
Jan D.

Top Bottom