Show us your thinline uke.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was sitting here a little bored so I thought I'd make this request. I recently bought a thinline uke after being impressed by the ones a couple members of my group have, the Kala Travel thinline, concert and tenor. I went online and saw the Kala tenor cutaway spalted maple, but none were available at the time.

As I continued searching I found a beautiful Lanikai Thinline Figured Bocote FBCET-T A/E discounted to $360, so I bought it. I have to say, it's one of the nicest ukes I've seen, plays great, sounds great.

Since then a couple more people in the group bought the Kala Travel. In my boredom, I thought about putting together a splinter group called The TL Players, then thought about posting this thread after seeing thinlines available from other manufacturers.

Show us your thinline ukes. Here's mine.

Lanikai Thinline Bocote.jpg

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

I suppose this counts as a thinline :)
Thinline Kissing.jpg
Yep, looks good.

Pete Howlett, California Slim Jim tenor.
Thinline Doc J.jpg
Nice one.

Tinguitar (Rob Collins)
Thinline Bazmaz.jpg
I was thinking acoustic, but OK, this is fine.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

The last solid body made me realize that I also have a Godin Multiuke that's thinline.

Godin Multiuke sunburst mine 843.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have a Bonanza Oreo? What do you think of it?
thanks!

Anyone have a Bonanza Oreo? What do you think of it?
thanks!

I don't have one, but I'm on the Ponderosa FB list, and they sound pretty good. They've been getting good reviews and apparently selling really well.

Anyone have a Bonanza Oreo? What do you think of it? thanks!
Thinline Oreo.jpg
I like it.

I have a Tyde Learner that is pretty slim.
Thinline Kerneltime.jpg
Thinline Kerneltime.jpg
Interesting with the etchings.

Last edited:
I have a Baton Rouge V10-CCE Sun solid spruce cutaway with MiSi pickup & a rounded back, it's a bit tricky to hang on to, so doesn't get a lot of play, but does sound nice. :)

Eddy Finn Travel Uke

Thinline rorym.jpg

I have a Baton Rouge V10-CCE Sun solid spruce cutaway with MiSi pickup & a rounded back, it's a bit tricky to hang on to, so doesn't get a lot of play, but does sound nice. :)

Thinline Croaky Keith.jpg
Strap?

Keep 'em coming everyone.

That's not a strap, that's a Strapulele ! These seem to show up in all the local music stores in Bellingham, WA. I don't have any information about the maker. I assume they are local or regional.

attachment.php

Attachments

• eddy-finn.jpg
    eddy-finn.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
I've got a Rubin RT-102 Zebra Wood Gloss travel tenor. My first Uke and my favourite. I have it tuned dGBE so it sounds like Baritone, but almost as loud as my Caramel CB-103 Bari.
When Rubin changed to Caramel They stopped making the deluxe version and dropped the plastic edging on the fret board,an the snowflake fret markers.

Here is a Season I did last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XthzE1yvQA

"Ponderosa" I can understand why you called it that. It's "Bonanza." :)

The Bonanza FB group is called "The Ponderosa." Keeping up the old TV show theme. Geez.....I'm old enough to remember that show.

This was built by our very own Dwayne of "Black Bear" ukuleles. He wanted to make something simple and fun so called it the ULO......Ukulele Like Object. It is made from a single piece of wood and an instrument grade cedar top is added. It is loud and bright, brought to the Uke Jam last night and it was a hit

20181207_175852.jpg20181207_175406.jpg20181207_175509.jpg20181207_175743.jpg20181207_175804.jpg

Top Bottom