Season 356 - An Underrated Decade

I've always liked this song, and found it was release in the 90's. Here is my take on All that she wants by Ace of Base.

thank you for hosting the week Ryan
a song from the Mountain Goats
'Songs For Peter Hughes' 7" EP (1995)

On a list of movies that serve as time capsules of the 90’s, Clueless has to be near the top. Here’s something off the sound track that I am pretty sure was a one hit wonder on this side of the Atlantic.

Should have said initially - both song and the movie it was featured in were released in 1995.

Last edited:
One of my favorite albums of the '90s was Joan Osborne's "Relish". And out of my favorite '90s albums, it's the one I've never done a song from before now. So here's one called "St. Teresa".

The nineties? A great musical decade with hits such as Asturias or the Nutcracker Song. Or the New World Largo by...

I listened to Rammstein a lot in the '90s. Here is a song by them performed on my new(ish) guitarlele.

I originally thought about doing this for Ylle's "sea" season, but I couldn't work out how to do it on a uke. Once I got the guitarlele, I managed to approximate the bass riff from the original and I liked it so much that I just kept the riff going through the whole song without worrying about the guitar parts, etc. Since then I have thought about doing it for many seasons, including the last one (it mentions "abendlicht" or "evening light"), but I never quite got around to it until this week. Anyway, I'm kind of proud of how it turned out. I didn't try to mimic the singer's voice on this, and given that I'm playing an entirely acoustic version, it ended up sounding very different to the original.

Oh, and I accidentally uploaded this to my old account, but since all my stuff is unlisted these days, it doesn't really matter.

One of the best bands of the 90s - or ever - was the Asylum Street Spankers. This song from their 1996 album "Spanks For The Memories" captures my feeling towards 90s country music. I added some piano.

Christmas songs from this decade are welcome and I would like to preemptively nominate All I Want For Christmas Is You as the official unofficial song of the season.

Well if I'm going to try and make a song the theme song for the season I may as well take part myself.

The standard this week has been excellent. So many videos that I would consider to be among those people's best work. Because of This, I've now lifted the song a day limit!

Radiohead 1995.
Trying out a tiny little 10 watt desktop amp Yamaha TR5a. Has some mic modelling and effects.A bit of chorus and reverb added here.

I echo Randy's sentiments towards some 90's country, but here's an example of the type of commercial 90's country I did like. Alan does an awesome job of adding sweet harmony to this Rick Trevino song, at my request, thank you Alan! I love how he pops up in a little box too! Cracks me up.

Here's another Tom Petty deep cut, "One More Day, One More Night, from his 1999 Echo album. Wow, he's got so many of these gems I've never heard before! But sadly, kind of a dirge, it sounds like he was in a major funk back then. :(

Last edited:
When I think of the 90's, this is honestly one of the first things that comes to mind, the theme song from Friends. I was so-so on the show itself, way more of Seinfeld guy, but I always did like this song. Took the sopranino challenge on it.

Ahoy
Here is a song from Beck's mutations album. My oldest brother was a huge Beck fan so I remember hearing at least one new Beck song every year from about '93 until way the year 2000.
Anyway, here is my rendition of "Nobody's Fault but My Own"

A Christmas one...........................

God I hope no one has done this. Punch Your Neighbor kitchen session. A very special tune from 1997

Top Bottom