Season 356 - An Underrated Decade

And sometimes the <TCK> rule just kicks in. There were two videos on my radar when I bought Melissa the first ukulele in this house that now has forty. One was a bloke from Tasmania name Eugene...quite a snappy dresser, doing an old tune called “When you wore a tulip” and killing it. The other was from the nineties and it still kills me. Our very own Mike Krabbers was the first ukulele video I ever saw and I figured I wanted to part of what he was doing. This pre-dates the Seasons, but Mike was here quite a bit back in the early days...anyway, I think this is just brilliant and well, it made me an ukulele player (for better or worse). May 5th 1992, House of Pain, Krabbers style. I love this video for about a billion reasons.
[video=youtube_share;a9IqZbsB9OU]https://youtu.be/a9IqZbsB9OU[/vido]
</TCK>

That is just about the best thing I've ever watched.

And sometimes the <TCK> rule just kicks in. There were two videos on my radar when I bought Melissa the first ukulele in this house that now has forty. One was a bloke from Tasmania name Eugene...quite a snappy dresser, doing an old tune called “When you wore a tulip” and killing it. The other was from the nineties and it still kills me. Our very own Mike Krabbers was the first ukulele video I ever saw and I figured I wanted to part of what he was doing. This pre-dates the Seasons, but Mike was here quite a bit back in the early days...anyway, I think this is just brilliant and well, it made me an ukulele player (for better or worse). May 5th 1992, House of Pain, Krabbers style. I love this video for about a billion reasons.

</TCK>

Never heard of the first fella but this video is KING. In the house. Drinkin it. No pain. Lots of jumpin.

Well, hopefully Ryan isn't TOO sorry he asked for songs from the 90's with me hanging around these parts....Here's a Dwight Yoakam song from that decade, I was actually messing with a bit a few weeks back, so this was a good time to give it a shot, sorry or not!

Ahoy everybody
I am excited about this theme as I found out during the 00s theme that most of the songs I know are pre-00s songs...
Here is a song that I really enjoyed in the 90s and have been fiddling with on the uke for a while but haven't been able to fit into any theme, thusfar.

Last edited:
Even in 1992 I’m not sure you could buy all this stuff. But the equivalent today is $1,787,701.23. Of course, they were Canadian, but let’s assume they were talking about 1M USD.

Also, Bare Naked Ladies was kind of cheesy, but I think they were sincere cheesy, not ironically cheesy.

More love for Warren Zevon - Enjoy Every Sandwich

Warren Zevon 1995.With cheesy video. Didn't know this before today.

Look at all the Love that WZ is getting this week. I love love love this. It sounds great with your awesome uke, twangy vocals and that faraway recording sound, like an old blues recording. The video! So much cheese fun. This is my favorite entry in a while. Moving to my shared video's list. Thanks for making my Sunday morning. I don't know if you saw mine from last week's season

This season, my friends, is a Season I just couldn’t sit out. Here’s the first song I think of when I think of the 90’s. It’s one of my favorites.

Having grown up listening to acts like the Byrds and Buck Owens, I can remember the first time I was at a gathering of punk rockers and someone put on a record that was different from the usual out of Belleville Illinois. Familiar yet different...clearly I was not the only one struck by it because we got an amazing magazine and a genre of music out of it. Probably the most important records I had in college, and still favorites, this one is off the second record from Uncle Tupelo “Still Feel Gone.”
I typically open any live performance with this one. Watch Me Fall

Nirvana is the 90's. Here is All Apologies on the Ukulele Harp.

I'm also enjoying my new Tonewood amp and recording directly from it. I can hear the effects coming out of my instrument (just some Room Reverb) without having to put on headphones AND it records it directly to the computer with just a single cable. Very handy.

Well that was a fantastic day one guys. Some bona fide 90s classics in there mixed in with some gems I didn't know, all excellently played.

I have no stats to back this up but there seems to be an unusually high Canadian representation this week with 4 of the 12 songs so far from Canadian acts, plus mention of Nickelback.

Can we get some Bryan Adams and Celine Dion to complete the set?

Top Bottom