Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Ukulele Banjolele

Default Outdoor Ukulele Banjolele

Just so everyone knows, Outdoor Ukulele is finally selling their new Banjolele. I’m going to wait a while to buy one...but I know some of you will want to order one.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    Just so everyone knows, Outdoor Ukulele is finally selling their new Banjolele. I’m going to wait a while to buy one...but I know some of you will want to order one.
    Hey! I might resemble that remark! On the other hand, I already own the Magic Fluke Tenor Banjolele, and seriously, how many banjo ukes does one man need? I sure wish they'd made it smaller though. The pot is like 12 1/2" in diameter.

Blackbird Farallon Ekoa Tenor
    Beltona Songster Resonator Tenor
    Klos Carbon Fiber Tenor
    Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly Banjolele

I think I might be in love with it! Although, I do fall in love easily.

Add me to the list!!

Looks like they've already sold out of one of the two models. Looks really great.
    Martin C1K • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

I'm glad to say that I'm not tempted. I have six banjo ukes, and that's enough. I'm not thrilled with the looks of the Outdoor, but I'm glad to see that they're offering one. A banjo ukulele has a great sound.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Looks like they've already sold out of one of the two models. Looks really great.
    Like the Carbon Tenor, they offer nickel or gold tuners, and both are now sold out. What's the price?

I'm not tempted because it looks like it's tenor scale. Looked at their site and everything's tenor or soprano. Can't believe that more places now won't bother with concert scale anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    I'm not tempted because it looks like it's tenor scale. Looked at their site and everything's tenor or soprano. Can't believe that more places now won't bother with concert scale anymore.
    I tend to gravitate to Concert, too. That said, I think the most popular size, overall, is Soprano (think entry level) and the next most popular size is Tenor. I asked Outdoor Ukulele about the lack of a concert, and while they didn’t say that it would never happen, they did say that it costs quite a lot to design a new model and then create the molds for the new model—as in over $100,000.

I think we often think of these companies as huge corporations, but I don’t think Outdoor Ukulele has much staff beyond the owner’s family—and a $100,000 investment for a new model means selling 800 ukuleles at $125 before even breaking even (and that doesn’t even factor in the cost of manufacturing and assembly).

So I can wait for a concert, or forgive them if a concert never comes. While I’d buy one or two concerts, I’m certainly not going to put up 100K to have them make one, or buy 800 ukuleles to guarantee the model.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    I tend to gravitate to Concert, too. That said, I think the most popular size, overall, is Soprano (think entry level) and the next most popular size is Tenor.
    The Outdoor Carbon is still available only in the tenor size. Two recent polls here have shown that the tenor is the most popular size and KoAloha is the preferred brand.

Poll 2018.jpg Poll Brand (1).jpg
    Last edited by Jerryc41; 12-10-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Thread Information