Wow...an Unboxing!

I put away all the boxes from my modest collection of various instruments in the attic, in case any should ever need re-homing. But were I to store even that small amount in the garage, we would have no room to park our vehicles or do the laundry! Some of you must have huge garages, or else be forced to park in the driveway or street!

bratsche
I do have a big garage. That was the number one consideration when I bought my house. I was a part time mechanic though. Mechanics need big garages.

I wonder why ukists store boxes at all. It’s like we’re never really satisfied with our purchases and ready to shuck ‘em off at any time. Or maybe we might quit playin’ them and switch to some other instrument (me) next week and hafta store the ukes away.

Do we save the boxes when we buy pots and pans or a new lamp or a nice coat or a great hat etc etc etc. I have many other instruments, and they are all box less.
:eek:ld:

That is a good question Dick. Because I have my ukulele boxes, and the boxes that my ukulele boxes came in up in the attic of my garage. And I have no intention of re-homing any of them. At one time I did re-home two Waterman ukuleles that I won, and I re-homed them without the boxes. Those boxes are up in the attic of the garage as well. WHY?????

I am probably gonna step on some ukist’s toes, but there’s just somethin’ different about ukuleles.

Of course, I don’t know for sure, but most musicians, who play trumpets or saxophones or violins or drumsets, don’t turn around every month or two and trade them off for a new one. I think most of these musicians buy an instrument, learn to play it or to remember how and have a good time playing it. My Dentist has instruments that he played in high school. He hangs them on the wall. I have instruments that are at least ten years old, however, I do trade mine in, when I get tired of them, for a totally DIFFERENT kind of instrument. I enjoy the studying and learning more than the playing sometimes. My neighbor across the driveway collects (and keeps) different kinds of guitars

So, I think, we keep the uke mailing boxes so we will be able to use them to get a better ukulele in a month or two, or to store them in when we quit.

One never knows, do one (Fats Waller)? Well, whadaya think? :eek:ld:

Last edited:
I am probably gonna step on some ukist’s toes, but there’s just somethin’ different about ukuleles.

:
I don't know about ukuleles being different. My friend took up the guitar when he retired, and I swear he has a new one to tell me about every time I see him. And guitars are a lot more expensive than ukuleles. But I agree with you about band instruments. Several people in our church still play their band instruments from highschool at services.

I don't know about ukuleles being different. My friend took up the guitar when he retired, and I swear he has a new one to tell me about every time I see him. And guitars are a lot more expensive than ukuleles. But I agree with you about band instruments. Several people in our church still play their band instruments from highschool at services.

Maybe your friend KEEPS his guitars (in cases?). They can be tuned to sound and play differently. :eek:ld:

Of course, I don’t know for sure, but most musicians, who play trumpets or saxophones or violins or drumsets, don’t turn around every month or two and trade them off for a new one. I think most of these musicians buy an instrument, learn to play it or to remember how and have a good time playing it. My Dentist has instruments that he played in high school. He hangs them on the wall. I have instruments that are at least ten years old, however, I do trade mine in, when I get tired of them, for a totally DIFFERENT kind of instrument. I enjoy the studying and learning more than the playing sometimes. My neighbor across the driveway collects (and keeps) different kinds of guitars

One huge difference with band instruments is that it can get pricey. While there are super cheap imports these days, many are junk. To get something better is a bit more of an investment. At the same time, the playing techniques are nowhere near as quick or immediate as throwing a finger down and strumming a C chord on a uke. Instruments like ukes and guitars have the appeal that you can accompany yourself. There are plenty of community bands and orchestras and other opportunities out there for musicians.

That is a great thing about music. There are lots of options and everyone can find a flavor they like.

I’m not saying that ukes are no good. I’m just saying that they, and their uses are different.

In my book, their difference is okay, and so is the use of their mailing boxes. So stack ‘em in the attic in good health.
:eek:ld:

How about a Reboxing video, when you dislike the uke, and pack it to send back? I looked, but couldn't find any! ;)

How about a Reboxing video, when you dislike the uke, and pack it to send back? I looked, but couldn't find any! ;)

Reboxing is very difficult. As soon as the product is removed, all the packaging shrinks just a little bit, so putting everything back is almost impossible. ;)

For me, watching an unboxing video is like watching someone else eat. I just don't feel fulfilled. Fortunately, I keep UPS and FedEx busy enough so that I don't feel left out. Gotta keep those trucks rollin' ! :cool:

For me, watching an unboxing video is like watching someone else eat. I just don't feel fulfilled. Fortunately, I keep UPS and FedEx busy enough so that I don't feel left out. Gotta keep those trucks rollin' ! :cool:

Unboxing a uke, cell phone, or shirt - You open the box, and there is a uke, cell phone, or shirt inside. Sorry to ruin it for everyone. ;)

Top Bottom