NUD: Ken Timms

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I think we all know about Ken Timms ukuleles, which are usually available on eBay. I was lucky enough to get this one through a private sale. It just arrived today, and it's beautiful! The wood is gorgeous, and the sound is even better. I had ordered a Crossrock fiberglass case for it, and that's where it is now. I'll go back and play it some more after posting this.

If you have a chance to get a Ken Timms, go for it!

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 05.jpg
04.jpg

Super nice. I hope to be able to snag one of these some day.

Well done Jerry, I love the figure in the wood on this one, beautiful. A good friend and playing partner has a Timms and it is a canon, I've played it many times and am always impressed. If I was a soprano guy I would move heaven and earth to get one.

Wonderful ukuleles

Oops... sorry Jerry!

Still, you’ve bagged a very nice thing! Enjoy It!

Sweet. Those aren’t easy to come by, so it much have been your karmic destiny to get this one. What kind of tuners does it have?

Congratulations Jerry. Oh my what gorgeous figuring. That had better be one you never part with.

From what I can tell, Jerry is trying to buy up all available ukuleles on the market!

Sweet. Those aren’t easy to come by, so it much have been your karmic destiny to get this one. What kind of tuners does it have?

Not sure about the tuners, but they're direct pegs - not my favorite. Still, I prefer the buttons to be on the back of the headstock, rather than sticking out the side.

Ken uses Grover 4 copies from China - they are indistinguishable. Of course he also adds his trademark in that he re-shapes the buttons on his lathe to the keystone shape. They look and work brilliantly.

Congrats Jerry! Ken's Martin replicas are a joy. The friction tuners should work well.

I also have to blame Barry for a couple uke purchases (Light Bird and a Beltona). ;)

Congrats, Jerry.

I got my Timms from a private eBay seller in the UK, after failing to bid high enough for quite a while. (Number on the label is: 01021211, which I think means it was made in 2011...)

It is lovely, has a wonderful sound, and I've got a Gator case for mine.

As for the friction tuners... well, yeah... I'm not a fan of friction tuners, but ken's are the best I've tried. I have a set of Gotoh tuners for this uke, but haven't been able to bring myself to get them installed...

Congratulations!
The Timms is the one I'll buy if I ever need a soprano!

Ken uses Grover 4 copies from China - they are indistinguishable. Of course he also adds his trademark in that he re-shapes the buttons on his lathe to the keystone shape. They look and work brilliantly.

Yes, the tuners are good - as far as direct tuners go. Would I be attacked for replacing them with Gotohs?

As for the friction tuners... well, yeah... I'm not a fan of friction tuners, but ken's are the best I've tried. I have a set of Gotoh tuners for this uke, but haven't been able to bring myself to get them installed...

I have a set of amber Gotohs, but I'm hesitating. They would certainly look nice.

I'll check my label and post the number later.

Top Bottom