Using Mobilesheets Pro

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I have the Kindle, and I have a bunch of songs in PDF format. I also have complete song books in PDF - rather than individual songs. Using Mobilesheets Pro, will I be able to select the book and then page through it to get to a particular song?

I have the Kindle, and I have a bunch of songs in PDF format. I also have complete song books in PDF - rather than individual songs. Using Mobilesheets Pro, will I be able to select the book and then page through it to get to a particular song?
Yes you will. I've also found the easiest way for me to put the songs into the Mobilesheets on my Kindle from my laptop is to use dropbox.

Last edited:
Yes you will. I've also found the easiest way for me to put the songs into the Mobilesheets on my Kindle from my laptop is to use dropbox.

Thanks. That what I doing now. I'm gathering my PDF and also getting some from friends. I got an app called Send it to My Kindle" - or something like that. I'll see how that works.

A problem. I have lots of PDF files on my Google Drive. I clicked on Import on the Kindle in Mobilesheets. I selected Google Drive. It told me that it needed Play (something), which was not available on my device. Any ideas?

I'm going to try the Send it to Kindle app and see if I can send them that way.

A problem. I have lots of PDF files on my Google Drive. I clicked on Import on the Kindle in Mobilesheets. I selected Google Drive. It told me that it needed Play (something), which was not available on my device. Any ideas?

I'm going to try the Send it to Kindle app and see if I can send them that way.
Post number 2. Can you move them from Google Drive to DropBox? Dropbox works well with MobileSheets. They like each other.

A problem. I have lots of PDF files on my Google Drive. I clicked on Import on the Kindle in Mobilesheets. I selected Google Drive. It told me that it needed Play (something), which was not available on my device. Any ideas? I'm going to try the Send it to Kindle app and see if I can send them that way.

Amazon and Google are blood enemies. You can install Google apps on the Fire but it's a kludge and not worth the effort IMO. Dropbox is great for Fire users.

The fastest way to move a lot of files is to connect the Fire to a USB port on your computer. Your computer will see it as a USB drive. Copy the files to the Fire's Documents folder. Or if you're using an SD card on the Fire, create a folder on the SD Card ("uke music" comes to mind) and copy the files to that location.

Send to Kindle will work but 1) you have to figure it out first and 2) the USB cable is faster than wi-fi and you've got a bunch of files to move all at once. Someday in the near future you'll get a new PDF file and then you can learn how to use Send to Kindle.

There are lots of other options, including the free program "MobileSheets Companion" that runs on your computer, sends files directly into MobileSheets, and allows you to edit the MobileSheets search fields (like artist, album, genre, etc.) That's a good option for people with a ton of individual song files and a burning desire to have everything cross-indexed.

If I were you, I'd start with the USB cable. There will be plenty of time to complicate things later ;-)

I'm making progress with this. I loaded a thousand or more songs onto the micro SD and inserted it into the Kindle. Then I started MobilesheetsPro and imported them - one by one - slow process. Fortunately, one book of several hundred songs was one large PDF file. I put different groups of songs into different Set Lists. I'll play around with it today and practice going from one song to another. I used a 64 GB card, and it's barely showing any use with a thousand songs.

Do you know that you can make play lists? I have different play lists for different occasions.

Top Bottom