The Old Codger Show lol

S11LKO

Reaction score
On Tuesday, I got together with a few mates in a local rehearsal studios.

The 'lead guitarist' who plays the opening riff, and the drummer, hadn't played anything for over 40 YEARS until I talked them into trying again a year or so ago in order that I have someone to have musical fun with now and again. (I get lonely playing on my own all the time! lol)

This was only recorded on a phone, and is our attempt at forgetting our ages and pretending to be young, hip and cool again. We obviously fail miserably, with my sinus & throat problems particularly refusing to let me hit the high notes - so forgive us beating up your ear holes - but I thought I'd share it with you all as a Christmas chuckle. lol

Last edited:
Dave, you guys rock! So much fun jamming with buds, I hope you continue! Your voice is perfect for this song, I wish I could hit those notes!

Haha! Thanks John.
I struggle nowadays to be honest. Although I've NEVER been a 'Freddie Murcury' I had a better voice AND range before my nose/throat problems! But they won't stop me as I'm having too much fun! lol

Good stuff young Dave, you guys sounds great! :D You're not quite ready for walking frames just yet, so rock on brother! :cool:

HaHa! Thanks Campbell. We *DO* have our walking frames already on order, however!! lol

Blimey!!!

My non-playing, non-singing, hyper-critical, but know-it-all brother-in-law, (who many of you will know NEVER compliments me on, and in fact actively runs down ALL of my attempts at music making), actually just said he enjoyed this video and thought it "OK".

From HIM, that's high praise indeed! lolol

Blimey!!!

My non-playing, non-singing, hyper-critical, but know-it-all brother-in-law, (who many of you will know NEVER compliments me on, and in fact actively runs down ALL of my attempts at music making), actually just said he enjoyed this video and thought it "OK".

From HIM, that's high praise indeed! lolol

Hahahahahaha! So you finally got a little respect from that fuddy-duddy bro-in-law, huh? Awesome job on this tune! I like your drummer; he has that "Charlie Watts" demeanor! But ALL of you guys rocked it!

Top Bottom